Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe we need some more real examples.

Assume we have 3 members of the bank.

Person A has frag 1
Person B has frag 2
Person C has frag 3

Because they don't share the same # frags, there's no way to exchange.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;296625 said:
Just a thought and don't shoot me if it's crazy maybe we get one or a couple of our resident coral sellers might have the space to keep a master frag. The incentive for them could be that as the frag grows they can sell to keep the costs but they need to keep some type of Master colony of each frag?
Not crazy at all, I already got a PM with the same idea.... Something to keep on the option table...

This is honestly anti-vendor, I'm selfish and want corals as cheap as possible, and want to trade and share, instead of buying :)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;296627 said:
Maybe we need some more real examples.

Assume we have 3 members of the bank.

Person A has frag 1
Person B has frag 2
Person C has frag 3

Because they don't share the same # frags, there's no way to exchange.
But if we allow each person a hypothetical credit for joining, each could exchange their credit for a withdraw, so we'd have something like:

Person A started with frag 1, got frag 2
Person B started with frag 2, got frag 3
Person C started with frag 3, got frag 1

Essentially, we have now grown, and doubled our bank with the same 3 people, and nobody has been taken advantage of.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;296630 said:
But if we allow each person a hypothetical credit for joining, each could exchange their credit for a withdraw, so we'd have something like:

Person A started with frag 1, got frag 2
Person B started with frag 2, got frag 3
Person C started with frag 3, got frag 1

Essentially, we have now grown, and doubled our bank with the same 3 people, and nobody has been taken advantage of.
We do this one more cycle, and the 3 people will have all three frags over time.

Make any sense??

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm also trying to avoid any Bernie Madoff pyramid scheme where any one person absconds with billions in frags :)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh sure skip right past my easy peasy fail safe method Scott!!!! Come on give me your zoas already bro :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We should have a tank in the museum, aquarium or somewhere awesome, a massive display of MASC pride, showing off all of our corals and we are actually the coral banks for that. you would totally be on tv.....

Awesome idea, I am following to see where you guys go with this. I was just thinking of posting a system where if new people follow your advanced directives for starting a tank (time, patience, maturity and perams, etc..) the club could dbtc them the right corals for there tanks progression instead of what normally happens, a lot of dead corals. That way you would have a lot more people with reliable tanks, creating more trading and buying from vendors in the long run. I think the "Bank" would be a starting point and a great way to protect so many investments. In the same hand, there will be some extras you probably cant get rid of fast enough of hardy coral that we can use to help newer people turn tanks into reefs.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So my thought was a vendor or vendors take the frags. The grow and sell them so they can make dollars. They only people that can get piece if master frag free is people on the buy in and/ or have it listed. So say I lose frag I contact you and you tell vendor so and so gets a piece of this when it's ready.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Essentially, we have two options/ideas in play:

1. You have the ability to only get back what you put in. Formalized DBTC. Hosted in individual member tanks, a vendor tank, or a couple fort knox tanks managed by a few key members.
2. You have the ability to grow your collection, by contributing more than you take out.

We can do 1, the other, or in my mind, BOTH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Personally, I like the idea of credit and debit, and you use them however you like. This prevents abuse. It allows for the growth of your collection, and also provides a backup in the event of a crash.