Coral Colors

I just realized that I have very few corals other than green, orange, a mix of green and orange or a orange on green. Plus purple from the rock makes my tank look like the ambassador for the secondary color chart, what can I add to break up this monotony!?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
blue mushrooms, red montis would be a start

+1 on red monti. Lots of color and relatively easy keeper with good flow and light. I keep mine about one third of the way down maybe higher and its taking off.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I like the superman monti. Dark blue base with deep red polyps. Looks pretty sweet under blues. I have a bunch encrusted over my eggcrate if I only knew how to get it off without killing it...

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ghxst;295616 said:
I just realized that I have very few corals other than green, orange, a mix of green and orange or a orange on green. Plus purple from the rock makes my tank look like the ambassador for the secondary color chart, what can I add to break up this monotony!?
haha I have the same problem with pink orange and purple. Don't know what else you have coral wise but a red monti like others meantioned or maybe some hot pink yumas, or a nicely colored magenta bta? I think gonzo had a sweet red goni.

Last edited by a moderator:

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have rainbow monti for $5. Yellow scroll for $10, purple digi for $5 or large pieces for $10....

Pm if interested..

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
From my experience, and take it with a grain of salt, orange monit and red are the same - just depends on the lighting.

I think I got all of that from you last time, it really added more color. I agree, red, orange and pink all look the same to me, maybe I need a better light.

DyM;295688 said:
I have rainbow monti for $5. Yellow scroll for $10, purple digi for $5 or large pieces for $10....

Pm if interested..
I've got a mini rainbow nem its awesome and very pink and I think red monti, although I should get something superman in color. lemme get some pics up and maybe that would help. Maybe I just need a UV bulb, I think there is one that fits a RSM.

Here some pics I had on the comp, some things are moved around but in general I have (not everything visible):
2 Chalace (Green purple)
2 Acan (Mint and a rainbow)
5 Zoa (AL rainbow, VDM, BAMs, Space Monster, Cookies and Cream)
7 SPS (4 green, 2 Blue, Pink)
2 Mushrooms (Teal and golden)
6 Montes (redish, rainbow, sunset, sunrise, white and blue)
1 Scroll (yellow)
1 frogspawn (green with purple tip)
1 Nem (rainbow)
1 Kenya/pineapple tree (regular with shiny green base)
1 Sammy (green)

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
reeftankulous;295642 said:
I like the superman monti. Dark blue base with deep red polyps. Looks pretty sweet under blues. I have a bunch encrusted over my eggcrate if I only knew how to get it off without killing it...
Egg crate is cheap compared to super man monti frags. Cut up the egg crate, glue it on frag plugs and replace the egg crate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oops, sorry Bill, funny I didn't recognize your screen name but I did pics of your tank.

LOL. It looks better now huh! just need a bit more color to even stuff out, I'm thinking some blue, pink, red sps, a few types of mushrooms for the shady spots and zoas to fill out the smaller spots. Coral wise, is there any type that is awesome, would balance out what I have now or a must have? I like watching them at night although my corals are kinda boring.