coral growing!

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys so I just got my jbj 20 frag tank set up and got some some beginner corals, clown, pj cardinal, and a few cleaner crew in there for my sand bed as I did kind of want it to be a display tank as well. Now my real question is what supplements or food should i add to my tank to really get my corals kicked off and growing? I've a full spectrum evergrow light I got from jfaii that seems to be working great! I know patience is probably key but is there anything I should/could be adding to help with the growing?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
1. ATO
2. Keep Parameters Stable - keeping phosphates and nitrates low
3. Watch and Eliminate all pests ASAP upon discovery (aiptasia, asterina starfish, flat worms, etc)

* switch to Mh and you'll get some serious growth, maybe not the pop and wow but serious growth :p (coming from an ex mH guy turned T5/LED lol)

Happy Growing and Post pics often :p

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also, acro power helps if you are growing out SPS.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last edited by a moderator:

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you water changes with a good quality salt and you won't need to dose anything.

Keep the N and P low.

Everything will start to take off just after you stop seeking it out.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just switched to Red Sea coral pro, I'm not dosing hardly anything and seeing great growth

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great salt. Just change your water regularly and keep the tank at NSW parameters and everything will grow as fast as it can.