Craigars 1540 gallon total build!!!!

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So the build has finally started!

The system will consist of
a 180 gallon reef (glass tank)
225 gallon fowler (acrylic tank)

Under the 180 there will be a 150 gallon 4 chamber refugium different types of macros (acrylic)

In the basement will be

a 125 gallon 6 chamber (acrylic) equipment sump which will hold skimmer reactors and all that fun stuff

100 gallon acrylic frag/anemones tank
100 gallon rubermaid stock tank
40 gallon acrylic sump with ATo

This will all be pumped by a reeflo hammerhead pump which should give me a turnover rate through the sump of
4.5 water volume per hour

All return flow from the fowlr will go through a 57 watt aqua uv sterilizer it's a 4' long uv sterilizer should keep the water crystal clear

Here's a quick pic of the layout of the basement sump area
Top left:125 gallon equipment sump
Top right:100 gallon frag anemone tank
Bottom left:100 gallon Rubbermaid
Bottom right: 40 gall sump with ATo

the 180 as it currently sits

The 225 replacing the spot of my 92 Bow front it will be a wall unit with shelves on either side

Last edited by a moderator:

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait. This is going to be awesome.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet! Wish I could have done this for my 150 and 110. Wife won't let me drill holes through the hardwood floors. Lucky you

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;165637 said:
Sweet! Wish I could have done this for my 150 and 110. Wife won't let me drill holes through the hardwood floors. Lucky you
You can always put a fake heat register in if you get rid of the tank!!!
My wife's all about it cause then I can spill all the water I want doing water changes lol and not have to worry about the hardwoods!

looks like it's going to be an awesome build to follow. I'll be drooling on thescmas. Great concept man. I like the volume involved in refugium and sump. Good filtration.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
With this refugium setup I'm hoping that the skimmer really don't be needed but if it is it won't need much. I have a swc 250 to run on it and a asm 4 if needed also. In the next week or two I am planning on having the 180 and all the sumps tied together and running then I'll move the stuff from
My 92 bow front down to the frag and anemones tank so I can build the stand and canopy in place.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
What are the sump / basement support rack system and where did you buy it.

Looks good!

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;165675 said:
What are the sump / basement support rack system and where did you buy it.

Looks good!
I got it through my work each section is supposed to hold 6000 lbs there fully adjustable shellf height it's miniature pallet racking. Thanks for the compliment

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Getting ready to order my lighting for the fish only
I will be ordering
2-48" 50/50 evo slim LEDs
2-36" all blue evo slim LEDs.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I just bout a 150 gallon acrylic tank supposed to pick up sat afternoon I'm going to replace my 100 gallon rubbermaid and another 40 gallon sump with a float if anyone's interested pm me

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking good, the best part of having everything in the basement is water changes. I have a couple of frags for you if you want them.
Jerry

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got these purple gagorians today there awesome!

Also got a yellow angelhavent got a good pic yet but will soon. Here's my snowflake after eating ghost shrimp!!!

Also got the final stage of my sump today

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just ordered $200 worth of cuc from reefs2go got a ton of freebees and a ton of snails hermit crabs and starfish! Oh and 2750 ct of there pod pacs I have hear these are unbelievable and seed your tank amazingly with amphi pods and copapods

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haven't gotten to work on this much due to building dons canopy and another stand Nd canopy but I did get my controller ordered today!

I'm getting

AquaController Apex elite
Probe: Upgrade to Lab pH

Variable Speed/Dimming Module
VDM

Aqua Illuminations Interface Cable
AICABLE

AquaBus Wireless Expansion Module (WXM)

AquaBus Conductivity, Temperature Probe Module (PM2)

IO Breakout Box
IOBREAKOUT