1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Craigars 975 gallon system

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Craigar, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Craigar

Craigar Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

2. Craigar

3. Craigar

4. Craigar

5. Craigar

6. Craigar

7. Craigar

8. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks good.

9. Craigar

Redoing the basement a bit I may do barnwood or rock around it this time anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Attached Files:

10. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

You should start by cleaning the glass and sharing some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  11. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

If you’re going to be accessing the tank from the front then whichever will be easier to clean off.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

12. Craigar

Yeah I haven’t had a chance I’ve been busy I’m lucky it’s coraline and not algae

MuralReef likes this.
  13. Craigar

14. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Do you have a certain theme in mind for the appearance of your basement? Any other finish materials that you have already selected for other areas that you want to match or contrast?

15. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I personally love the look of stacked stone but that's just me

16. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Not just you, that's what I'm going with too!

17. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Like this [​IMG]

18. halmus

halmus Cuttle Fish Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

I think a combination of stacked stone and barn wood or rusting tin roofing and barn wood could be awesome. Something like the attached image for the tin. Clear coat it to preserve the rustic look.

IMG_3878.jpg

I personally like the look of contrasting materials vs a solid wall of stacked stone.

19. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Ya I think a mix of the 2 would look awesome. Maybe the bottom in stone and the tank framed in barnwood.

kchristensen8064 likes this.
  20. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Wonder if I could make my light shroud out of that corrugated metal. Looks awesome! Like a floating canopy, but out of the metal.

kchristensen8064 likes this.