Craigslist Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got the sliding door, could remove the slider, but unsure how feasible it is to remove the other. Said he has 6 months ish, so I'd be waiting till warmer weather me thinks. (Not letting the house get to freezing with some of the other pets an issue).

Fitz19d;369247 said:
I got the sliding door, could remove the slider, but unsure how feasible it is to remove the other. Said he has 6 months ish, so I'd be waiting till warmer weather me thinks. (Not letting the house get to freezing with some of the other pets an issue).
Sliders actually disassemble very easily. Once the sliding glass is out you pull on the section and it comes loose.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So in regards to the 500. He was guessing 40, he actually took a tape to it and sent pic. Supposed to be like 31 inches. With the other 8ft x4 sounds right for 500. (I was thinking dimensions sounded a bit big).

FYI so it will fit in a house, sounds like he really wants to make a deal so might get away like a thief. (Said he got it from some multi million house owners who bought house and didnt want tank)

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, looks like 8x4x31 is like 620g? Certainly way more than I was hunting for. (I think ~400g was about the biggest I reasonably can do, and even then a 25% water change is an appalling 100g, 300g and I can get by with my 90g drum to do it in one batch.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, I still would want to do monthly, but getting into the pure reactor and dosing game is a new one for me and intimidating. Theres a new brs weekly series seems pretty informative even if they are pushing zeovite.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fitz19d;369418 said:
Ya, I still would want to do monthly, but getting into the pure reactor and dosing game is a new one for me and intimidating. Theres a new brs weekly series seems pretty informative even if they are pushing zeovite.
With that size tank, reactors are your best friend. 10% biweekly would probably be plenty of water change with a reactor and good fuge (if even that much) and the reactor is MUCH cheaper to run than doing 10% weekly or 30% monthly to keep parameters in check.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
19TheSaint75;369525 said:
That's brilliant. The price is perfect for that. Doesn't fit my need for a new display tank, but could be a great sump in the basement.
It's only drilled in one place in the back, top left corner. That bulkhead can be capped though.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes too long even for 300g. Wish I could decide fire sure if I want to attempt basement sump. Room is right over where sump would be, figured put it up 5 foot high to minimize head straight up to tank? Not sure if that would save me from getting into thousand dollar pump territory. Would be ideal for water changes and more.

But I also don't want to saw up floor. How's to use existing typical rectangle floor vent and just cut thru the vent duct. Imagine if need flexible house though to even begin to fit 2 overflow plus return line? Could y then together but unsure if that's bad, cruising a larger pipe then.

Fitz19d;369536 said:
Yes too long even for 300g. Wish I could decide fire sure if I want to attempt basement sump. Room is right over where sump would be, figured put it up 5 foot high to minimize head straight up to tank? Not sure if that would save me from getting into thousand dollar pump territory. Would be ideal for water changes and more.

But I also don't want to saw up floor. How's to use existing typical rectangle floor vent and just cut thru the vent duct. Imagine if need flexible house though to even begin to fit 2 overflow plus return line? Could y then together but unsure if that's bad, cruising a larger pipe then.
You're going through a similar exercise that I am working out. I've already decided to put a sump in the basement. I want to move my tank so I am running perpendicular to my floor joists and not parallel. I figure if I am going to do the work I should bump up to a bigger tank. I'd really like an 8' tank because it will be walled in around the tank to have it double sided. One side for my dining room the other for my office. Seems like when you aren't looking for a tank they are plentiful. Once you make the decision they are scarce.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
ValG;369524 said:
Could be set up as a huge sump/fuge for a large tank system.
That was what I was thinking. Use it as my basement sump system. One section for fuge, one or two for frags, and the last one or two for holding additional specimens.

Status
Not open for further replies.