1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

CSB’s

Discussion in 'Anemones' started by SUS, Aug 11, 2018.

1. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

You can keep updating the first post with a running list as people post.

Like this:
    1. Skyshark - paid
    2. TheRealChrisBrown - paid
    3. SUS -

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I was trying to eliminate something like post #47 saying "very cool idea, good luck with the lottery"....then low and behold the random generator pulls #47. I don't even know if it is possible to lock it and edit it like that...I was sort of just guessing.

3. SUS

SUS Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Duh... didn’t think about that lol

4. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I am sure you are gonna make a killing but I would still a minimum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cake_Boss likes this.
  5. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Forget Powerball. This is way better!!

SUS, TheRealChrisBrown and Balz3352 like this.
  6. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

How many tickets to buy is the question I keep asking myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SUS likes this.
  7. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

Raffle? I’m always in for a raffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SUS

Hopefully everyone didn’t blow all their money on the Mega Millions...
    couple weeks out from starting this CSB raffle!
    Trying to work out exactly how this will work... stay tuned

9. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I could use another!

10. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Could always bring to the Coral Extravaganza and auction it there, should have a decent group there for it. Either way let us know if you need help setting up an auction

Sent from my iPad using MASC mobile app

11. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Wow wow wow local club here;)

12. SUS

13. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Hopefully not auctioning! Auction i have a .000001% chance of winning due to my pockets not being very deep. But raffle on the other hand i have an actual chance. (although I have terrible luck so probably still lose) still a chance.

14. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I want one so bad!

15. SUS

Will be doing a raffle on this one. Just need to iron out details.
    Here’s what I’m thinking.
    - $20 tickets
    - buy (5) get (1) free
    - buy (10) get (3) free
    - people PayPal or Venmo and include which numbers they’d like (1-100 or something) with their payment.
    - I’ll update the post with a list 1-100 and who has which numbers and which are available.
    - do a random number generator to select winner. Keep pulling numbers till we hit one. I can film this and post it or have a Mod do or something.

Thoughts?

16. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

So my suggestion, but take it with a grain of salt. Would be to set a specific number of lots, somewhere between 50-100 lots. Once all lots are sold, then do the drawing. Also, I would have at least one other person present, if not 2 others, to video and validate the winning number

MuralReef likes this.
  17. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Another option would be to do the drawing at a club meeting so there are a number of witnesses to avoid any question of the authenticity of the winner.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  18. SUS

The point of the raffle is to try to hook up a local reefer with an awesome nem for cheaper than buying one outright. The upside for me is that I may end up selling more tickets than I would list it outright for (downside I sell far less and lesson learned) If I set a fixed number of tickets, why wouldn’t I just set a fixed price and avoid all the hassle?

19. SUS

Sure, if that would make everyone feel better I’m fine with that. But I never make it to meetings. Maybe someone wants to set up the drawing at the meeting in exchange for a free raffle ticket?

20. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

The set point of the fixed ticket # is to make sure that you hit a minimum you are comfortable with and give a pleb like me a chance to win by only spending $20.

Or winner by Chess Boxing. Whichever.