Free ORA Aiptasia-Eating Filefish

FOURSTARS

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just received this fish and he decided that my Duncan is tastier the the aiptasia. He now Lives in my sump. I live in Sterling and will meet in Fort Morgan to make sure this guy has a good home.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if I should give the guy a chance or not. I don’t care about my Duncan and just want my Aiptasia gone but have more expensive corals I don’t want a to loose. Just ordered Berghia nudibranch too.

FOURSTARS

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
He’s has been convicted a of attempted murder, so I understand your misgivings. Cool fish, maybe best for a fowler tank or SPS tank. The thing with file fish is they only turn to AIptasia if you starve them a bit, and there’s not a better meal close by. I ordered 5 peppermint shrimp from algea barn to repalce him.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Too far a drive for me for at least the next 3 weeks or I would be all over it, my last one I rotated finally got stupid and got itself caught in a pump.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yeah I agree, I see how the nudibranch do first but maybe @scchase would be interested? Bit of a drive for him though.
Nudis work great. They do take quite a while before you see them make progress, but steadily they get the job done. My tank was covered when I added them in several months ago and they have eliminated about 3/4 of them so far. They even get the ones that are deep in the rocks that my former file fish couldnt even get

FOURSTARS

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Right now he's happy picking off the pods in my sump. If I drive to Denver soon I'll let you guys know. I thought about nudi's but to cheap.. plus it's only a reefer 250 so pretty easy to keep up.