DARC Fragswap - Saturday, January 28 - Highlands Ranch High School - 11am - 4pm

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Greetings,

Please plan on joining us for our semi-annual Frag Swap & Garage Sale. We have many of our local coral farmers signed up and there should be some interesting critters available as well. You never know what might show up!

If your frag tank runneth over, this is a great time to bring your extra frags to sell or trade with your follow reefers. Please drop us a note of you are interested in selling your own frags.

The Garage Sale is a great place to sell that gently used aquarium gear, or look for some good deals for that new project. Admission is free and there are no seller fees.

We'll have a small raffle, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and vendors attending the swap. The proceeds from the raffle will benefit the schools reef tanks.

Any items that don't sell at the garage sale can be donated to HRHS and you will receive a tax deductible receipt. You did promise the spouse that you were going to clean up the fish room didn't you?

What: DARC Frag Swap & Garage Sale
When: Saturday, January 28, 2012 11am - 4pm
Where: Highlands Ranch High School
9375 Cresthill Ln, Highlands Ranch, CO 80130

For more information, please contact us at d.a.r.c@comcast.net

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vendor Updates!

Look for the following folks to be joining us:

AquaticArt
Blue Diamond Aquatics
Gonzo's Coral Frags
Mile High Aquatics
Premier Reef
PS Aquatics
ReefKoi
The Coral Shop

I'll keep the list updated as we get closer to the event. LoL (That was for Juan)

Last edited by a moderator:

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We've had some interest in a community frag tank. Anyone interested in selling their own frags? We would provide a coral dip for safe reefing, T5 lighting and water. There would a small charge $5-10, depending on space requested, to help cover costs. If you are interested, please let us know. If there are enough folks to put this together, I'll make it happen. You would need to reserve your space in advance so that we could manage the footprint.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The frag tank is a go! If you are a hobbyist with extra frags that you'd like to sell, we will have space in the community frag tank. Please reserve your spot of you are interested.

Don't forget that this is also a great opportunity to clean out the fish room and earn some money for Reefstock!! :)

Hope to see everyone there on Saturday. You can also check out the meeting info on our FB page at http://www.facebook.com/events/148111391967799/

-Rob

How big of a spot could we get for the 5-10 dollars? I'd be interested in a spot and could fill a little or a lot.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yaten13;136467 said:
How big of a spot could we get for the 5-10 dollars? I'd be interested in a spot and could fill a little or a lot.
We are asking for $5/sq ft (approx) to help cover costs, which goes to the school. We'll have a 96x24 frag tank.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We've allocated all the vendor space for this event. The community frag tanks are for hobbyists only, with a little bit of room still left.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Bump, so people know about it. Can an administrator post this information on the main page?

Directions to the school & donations

The address of Highlands Ranch High School is 9375 S. Cresthill Lane, Highlands Ranch, CO 80130. There will be signs outside of the school showing you where to go.

Our school is in need of easy to grow corals like star polyps, xenia, kenya trees...the stuff that is probably overgrowing in your tank and needs trimming. We are also always in need of heaters, pumps, extra tanks, ....anything that you want to clean out, but don't want the hassle of selling, you can donate and receive a tax deduction. If you have anything that you wish to donate to the school, please ask for me or one of the other science teachers that are helping out with sponsoring this event.

Mike Ryan
Chemistry Teacher
Highlands Ranch High School

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I plan on donating a bunch of frags to you guys at the end of the show, I usually have plenty leftover and so I'll throwdown atleast $100-$200 in frags for the school!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefkoi;137173 said:
I plan on donating a bunch of frags to you guys at the end of the show, I usually have plenty leftover and so I'll throwdown atleast $100-$200 in frags for the school!
Very cool Chris.... thanks in advance... the kids will enjoy your generosity!! :)