DBTC Juan

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have a sea hare for anyone who has a hair algae problem his name is Juan and sorry guys he does not wear A**less chaps but does love algae!!!

well not sure what happened to the last one he just disappeared. i purchased one a few weeks ago to clean up my frags and rock cause my zoas like dirty water. well he has devoured the hair algae now he needs a new home. he will need a home in the next day or two so please save him from starvation.

the last one had a nice following we can keep track of him here.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will take him you can pm me with your info

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I call dibs on him next!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
RIP Godzilla where ever you are !!!!!!!!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any updates on this I need a sea hare badly.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do regret to tell you Juan has past it got sucked in to a pump but I do have a black urchin that I used to clean my tank and it did a very good job it would go right over plugs with expensive zoas on them and the plug would be white and the zoa would be fine my friend has it right now I will contact her to see how much longer she will need it and get back to you if you are still interested?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You need to replace Juan going out on a limb here but it is the DBTC therefore you can not break the chain

Last edited by a moderator:

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a black spiny urchin not sure exactly and let me know how to replace the dbtc, but the person I got him from I asked him what should I do if it dies do I need to replace it and he told me not to worry about it and I'm pretty sure he is the one that bought it or made it seem like it.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;105804 said:
You need to replace Juan going out on a limb here but it is the DBTC therefore you can not break the chain
So you are saying that any and all DBTC coral or non coral I have received, that has died, due to any reason, I would need to purchase new ones to replace the ones that died? And not just me but everyone?

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
And I did get the black urchin as a replacement cause the guy told me he was a good consumer of algea.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmmmm that is a good point. I would say no on the coral but IMO it is a little different when you have something that does not reproduce not trying to be a jerk just my opinion

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Urchins are good algae eaters the problem with them is as they grow they cause total destruction to tanks.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The rules do not state you need to replace it, unless of course I misread them. Mods correct me if I am wrong please.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
im not saying it is a rule I just think it is common courtesy. I mean heck it does not really matter to me I don't need him I didn't purchase him. It just seems only right to me. I mean if I loan you my car and something happens to it you would fix it. (I hope) Same if I loaned you a tang or a sea hare I would think if I loaned it to you and it died you would replace it. That is the way I look at Juan 1 person actually owns him and simply loans him to all the members of the club on an as needed basis.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
its ok i think ...i have lost dbtc corals and not replaced them...its at your discretion i suppose
not in the rules that i recall ...maybe there should be some mention of that one way or the other ...but you can still rename him if you get a new one!

but i still got chris' back!!!! ....lol

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Coral are a little different in my opinion simply due to the fact if I give you a piece of mine to grow out i still have mine. and I gave you a piece of it.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well its not in the rules and he doesnt have to ....but maybe we can presure him into it ....lol