Live food

anyone have or know if where I can get live food? Live brine? Need to try and get some sort of calories into a fish that isn’t eating. Preferable in the leetsdale/Quebec area.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Dont know about brine, but Ambrosio Aquatic's carries algaebarn pods and phyto
Fish Den has kept several different live foods in the past too, might try calling them and see what they got, but on the other side of town for you

How about live blood worms? The fish is beginning to at least put food in its mouth. Called around. No one has live brine anymore. Todd’s said they usually have it but it didn’t come in. Tried frozen brine and mysis. Pellet and flake. Tried selcon and garlic as well.

Have you tried copepods? A number of stores carry live pods. Not sure how big the fish is.
I have. Didn’t get any reaction out of the Fish. It’s a small banggai. The others have started eating. Tried separating it from the others and still just floated around.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gotcha. I did have luck recently getting a baby cardinal to eat frozen cyclops and then it started eating the LRS nano reef frozen food. The LRS stuff would probably be too messy for a qt tank though. I used a pipet to get the food moving when I put it in.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Fish Den I believe has carried blood worms in the past. Havent been in there in years, but might be worth a call