Dead/Dying fish

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok so you keeping your current tank and selling the 125 or are you setting up the 125 and keeping it? Need to get a game plan on the tank setup and what you are going to do as far as sand and rock if setting up the 125. If you use existing live rock that is in pretty good shape, new live sand (maybe caribsea from aquamart that is already cycled, wet and ready to go), I would say you would be good to go with everything maybe but the nems. Just my opinion and.thoughts though and what I would be willing to risk, I'm sure others will tell you different and disagree ;)

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I can't sell the 120 might as well use it and break down and sell my 75 (with the wifes permission). The rock and sand that came with it had polyps and I'm assuming were flat worms since i saw the kit for it. Now if its good sand and rock or not I don't think I would know the difference

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is that the rock you're having problems with? I was looking through what I got, and it def. needs to be bleached and dried. There was a lot of nasty stuff in there. I took a pressure washer to it and im getting ready to do a bleach/acid dip on it all.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
On GFO being expensive - I would research running Lanthanum in your tank. There are a few articles about trying this in a reef tank. It precipitates phosphate, requiring you to set up a filter to catch near where you run it. But it supposedly makes phosphate export easy and dirt cheap compared to GFO (Lanthanum is commonly available for swimming pool treatment). That said, it hasn't been used for a really long time and there are risks. I was going to go that route with my old rock, then decided to just acid wash them and start over.