Dinos

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
And not the cool dinos like the ones that can open doors.

So I got them, came from like no where. Need to fix it so what else can I do?

At this point I have done a water change and all that Jazz. Added new carbon and Phosban. I am also going to live the lights off for a day or two.

Did I miss anything critical?

P.S. Can I get my member badge? I got my card by attending two meetings, can I get the on-line badge. All the cool people do.... I wanna be cool...

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;101008 said:
P.S. Can I get my member badge? I got my card by attending two meetings, can I get the on-line badge. All the cool people do.... I wanna be cool...
Lol! Anyways h202 dosing kills them. But wait till the experts come and tell you how to do it.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Raise pH to 8.4, no lower than 8.2 at night, using kalkwasser and a pH controller. That's about all there is online. I always siphon any nuisance I can out of the aquarium with rigid air line and air line into a filter sock in the sump. Then rinse the sock out. Adding live copepods and running blue light only may help, but those are just my theories.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Peroxide (H2O2), is a heavy duty oxidizer, it will raise redox, a lot.
Unless you are super familiar with redox and its impact on marine aquaria I would not recommend this approach.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
there is a thread on here where some of us tried the peroxide and most didn't have terrible results ...there was some problems for some people not all necessarily related to the dosing

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have had my lights off for two days now and raised my PH to 8.4. Looks like it is gone, but will be hard to say for sure untill I turn the lights on. Think I will turn them on tomorrow.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
OKay so it's back... Any other suggestions?

Paul at Keys said to raise my dKh to 10+... Any thoughts on that?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;102479 said:
cut lights, cut feeding, do more water changes, stop wearing womens underwear.
damn thats harsh ..i hope i don't get dino

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
But thongs are comfy.. And they make my bootie look hot.

Yeah I know just pictured it....

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member