Disaster Recovery - Recovered!

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
We have finally gotten a replacement tank set up (mostly), and have put back the livestock that we had waiting in kiddie pools in the garage for over three weeks. Our original tank was an Oceanic 175 Bowfront. It was all glass and sprang a major leak on a bottom seam while Jeff was on a week-long business trip. Lauren was left to deal with it. A couple of saintly types from this forum came over to help.
We are attaching a pic of the new tank: 155 bowfront (glass again - we are slow learners).

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
looks like the kiddie pool idea worked well ...good job at keeping it all alive

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
The kiddie pools DID work. However, we ran pumps to keep the water circulating. Lauren checked the chemistry daily and we topped off evaporation loss with RO. We ran a heater and when needed a chiller. Weekly we did water changes. Lauren was out there a lot. We also kept the main garage overhead door open for light and kept the inside garage lights on all day as well. It is not a simple fix, but it works. So, the lesson: If you need to remove your livestock in an emergency, the kiddie pool solution is a viable choice. -Jeff

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i think the wife deserves her own account here now ...lol

120greefman

That is amazing. I am glad the kiddie pools worked for such a long time, never would have guessed that long. New tank looks awesome.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks great. Want some of the Monti Cap and Birdsnest I am giving away? I wish I could use kiddie pools, but need something narrow so it can stay in the house.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Your wife deserves something shiny (diamond, diamond, diamond), but nothing that goes in the tank. lol

jmarmaro

Cleaner Shrimp
Yes on the corals spstimie! We did lose a few things for lack of light. I'll come get them as soon as we can work out a time. Thanks!