DIY Violet/Red LED Setup. Help me build it!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;156716 said:
Chris what you might think of doing is grab your camera and tripod and tank a few different pics of different corals and write down all your settings. That way you can reset up the tripod every few days or once a week and be able to see and document any color/growth difference.
Not a half bad idea. Problem is my LEDs are pretty much on a constant ramp throughout the day. I will see if I can adjust the lighting so it stays stagnet for a couple hours a day.

Thanks again for your help Virgil, this wouldnt be possible without you!!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So just a update on recent observations. The red corals in my tank are now showing a much richer color! My "pink" trachy is actually turning red again and a lot of my red zoas are much deeper red. I have only been running the violets and turquoise. I do believe this change is coming from the turquoise. Good things a coming!!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So did you disconnect the reds?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Were you having algea issues? That's the main reason I turned mine off. Now I need to figure out what to replace them with so I can utilize the driver I bought for them.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No algae issues but after reading a post another member made about reds inhibiting coral growth I turned them off. Better safe than sorry. I was using red more for aesthetics than spectrum anyways.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you still have the 60 deg optics on all the LED's? Are you happy with them?