dKh

So, I'm lost. My pH is staying at around 8.05-8.15......pretty good. I dose with Kalwasser in my ATO and it seems to be staying really stable. But, my dKh has been slowly dropping (testing with a Salifert kit) and is now sitting around 6.9.......
My Mag is over 1500, but my Calcium is also running low (about 375) even adding calcium at least once a week.
What is the best thing to do for the tank at this point?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would probably start dosing 2 part. Alk and calc. Start slow, don't go too high and you'll figure out what your daily dose should be once your levels are where you want them.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
I dont like using alot of different supplements in my tank,But their is one that I have used since day one its Brightwel aquatice Alkalin8.3 Kh buffer,after adding the amount for the amount of water in the tank,then I only add more when I do my water changes about 3 to 6 drops every week depending on how much water I pull out that week.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;188962 said:
I would probably start dosing 2 part. Alk and calc. Start slow, don't go too high and you'll figure out what your daily dose should be once your levels are where you want them.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1, it's super easy to make and dose. I think I have a link in my sig. I'm curious as to your bioload (coral). When I dose kalk, I can't get it below 520ppm

rockys_pride;189020 said:
+1, it's super easy to make and dose. I think I have a link in my sig. I'm curious as to your bioload (coral). When I dose kalk, I can't get it below 520ppm
I have a 90 gallon and so far not that many corals and most are really small........

Blazinjack;189055 said:
I had the same problem and #s 2 part is the answer! Alkalinity is just baked baking soda, I believe 2 cups mixed with a gallon of RO water. Here, read this entire link:http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php
Thanks, Blazinjack.....sounds pretty simple and I think I'll try that! Do you know where I can find the calcium?

rockys_pride;189020 said:
Thanks, Drew! This forum group is the best!

cremer9;188963 said:
I dont like using alot of different supplements in my tank,But their is one that I have used since day one its Brightwel aquatice Alkalin8.3 Kh buffer,after adding the amount for the amount of water in the tank,then I only add more when I do my water changes about 3 to 6 drops every week depending on how much water I pull out that week.
Hmmmm......suppose I can find that at any store that carries Brightwell products? Might be good for maintenance dosing once I get the levels back up?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
cindys;189175 said:
Thanks, Blazinjack.....sounds pretty simple and I think I'll try that! Do you know where I can find the calcium?
There is a store in Denver that sells Dowflake. It's a brick building, east side of I25, by the Santa Fe exit. Andrew knows what it's called, I just drive by it.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;190540 said:
There is a store in Denver that sells Dowflake. It's a brick building, east side of I25, by the Santa Fe exit. Andrew knows what it's called, I just drive by it.
I looked around forever for dowflake, just got a bunch of weird stares... So I bought the calcium from bulk reef supply... I don't think it was more than $20 for the big bucket...