1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Do you measure orp?

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Craigar, Jan 26, 2021.

?

Do you monitor orp

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Craigar

Craigar Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Question for apex users do you measure orp or convert that port to a second ph probe spot? I like having the second ph probe for the calcium reactor but just curious who monitors orp

2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I don’t. I just upgraded the head unit but didn’t bother buying any probes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spieg

Spieg Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I don't use Apex anymore, but when I did, I never worried about ORP. Think that's really only a concern if you run ozone.

4. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

orp is a waste of time... "tells you if something is wrong" i have a lot of visual indicators in my livestock if something is out of whack. i dont need a nonsense prob for that.

just my opinion ofc

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  5. Craigar

With the new apex can you switch that port to measure ph or do you have to buy another module to do it? Do you have to do it on the computer or can you do it on the phone app

6. SUS

SUS Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

You can just plug in a second ph probe to that port and configure it for ph. That’s what I do for my carx

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  7. Craigar

Thanks I knew you could on the old unit but didn’t know if you could on the current version

SUS likes this.