1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Doc’s oops I did it again 200 gallon

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Dr.DiSilicate, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I hope I can stay with the minimal scape... i’m Trying to frag down the stuff I have in my current tank and even get rid of a couple colonies so this tank has more open space than the last. I keep telling myself to leave open space. I think what will happen is the right side will go all the way to the side glass with open space in the middle and a smaller amount of rock on the left. My 5 got tank is pretty packed... this one is only 6” longer. I also have the hybrid inside and outside overflow which buys me a little more real estate.

2. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks good. I would consider lowering the panel LED light though as you might get better cheato growth that way and less algae growth outside the fuge section since the light wont spread as much if its lower.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

3. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks good doc! Lmk what coral your parting w might be interested, also still need to come get my frag disks:/

4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Looks good buddy! I like the octopus on the stand. What does the one on the wall look like?

5. Dr.DiSilicate

The wall one is just two more sections of the same octopus... got it from eBay for $4 and let the kids put it up.

I may talk to Charlie to get a steel something for the room.

SynDen and Haddonisreef like this.
  6. Haddonisreef

Ya buddy I’ll hook ya up w steel text me what your thinking!

7. Dr.DiSilicate

BCACCCFE-4B51-4937-9FDD-3384D780F80B.jpeg Moved the equipment yesterday and the corals today. Still need to get most of the fish in the am but the old tank is so cloudy I can not catch the fish.

Here are some fun coral pics...

The equipment is still in need of a LOT of straightening but it all works. F65BED49-E704-4892-B3E0-0A4A0CFD3C4B.jpeg 171751DB-5B4F-4622-A829-4A554F83FFFC.jpeg

Haddonisreef likes this.
  8. Dr.DiSilicate

Huge frag/colony of the coral in pic 2 from my last post to whoever wants it! Let me know. It’s a blue stag. “Frag” is easily 10”

Haddonisreef likes this.
  9. Djmm1177

Djmm1177 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I would be interested! I still need to come get a few other frags as well.

10. Dr.DiSilicate

Come get it! Glad to cut some more for ya too. It’ll need to be pretty soon... I want to clean the clutter ASAP. Do you still have my number?

11. Djmm1177

Djmm1177 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

No pm me I can come by tomorrow if your free

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  12. Haddonisreef

Did I get the blue stag from you? If not I’ll take a chunk!

13. Dr.DiSilicate

Not sure but i’ll cut one for you! The new tank is looking cluttered... hard to move large colonies.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Haddonisreef likes this.
  14. Haddonisreef

Sounds like a good problem to have!! :)

15. Dr.DiSilicate

B8A51870-EEFA-46F7-8755-96651B3A9BE6.jpeg Evening pic from across the room. Still need to lower the light rack...

Haddonisreef likes this.
  16. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

I love and adore the octopus tentacles!

Dr.DiSilicate and MuralReef like this.
  17. Dr.DiSilicate

Abby did them.

18. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

was she inspired by That Thing 2?

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  19. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Goods damm those things are amazing. You need a bigger tank lol

20. Dr.DiSilicate

Haha! this is the bigger tank.