1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Doc’s oops I did it again 200 gallon

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Dr.DiSilicate, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Water change station cleaned up. I used the stand I had my old sump on... moves the ro off the floor, that was a project that needed to be done three years ago! Lol dingy basement but I have a place to do tests and frag stuff now! [​IMG]

The bubble king is killin it! Next is to clean up some wiring... [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SynDen likes this.
  2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

On Sunday did you tell me you really liked the Synergy Shadow....or was it the other brand that you really liked. I *may* have removed some corner overflows today in preparation....:smile:

3. Dr.DiSilicate

I like the looks of the planet aquarium one better. The synergy operates well but is just injection molded now. Not sure what the cost difference is... you may want to ask mural what he thinks as he has two running on the school tank.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

The Planet works well, but it did not come with any of the internal plumbing parts. I don’t know if they offer that but I didn’t get that if they do. It is completely acrylic so really sturdy but has some sharp edges on the inside.

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Wouldn't injection molded be a good thing, no seams to leak? The only way it would fail would be if it cracked? I'm just thinking out loud, I don't actually know any of that to be true or not.

6. TheRealChrisBrown

I had some trouble finding the Planet Aquariums ghost overflow on the internets, do they sell it as a stand alone kit? I saw one from eShopps, one from glass holes.com, and one from Reef Savvy that was $250.

7. Dr.DiSilicate

The reef savvy one is much less from BRS. And yea, injection molded does have it’s advantages.

BRS has it for 159

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 3:59 PM
  8. Dr.DiSilicate

The reef savvy one is much less from BRS. And yea, injection molded does have it’s advantages.

9. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I’ve had glass holes and they can be loud if you can’t get it dialed in.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.