1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Doc’s oops I did it again 200 gallon

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Dr.DiSilicate, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Looking forward to it! I wish I had time to get that lagoon set up by then...

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

#baller

3. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Lol... sold a lot of frags and frag plugs.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  4. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

I dont see a 150g mixing tank.............................. haha

5. Dr.DiSilicate

It’s at Andrews place to help with his monster. My wife prefers it gone. Lol

6. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

haha but it was so slim and sleek! Wish I could see your whole setup this Sat, happy Bday!

7. Dr.DiSilicate

Come up whenever... was going to invite you in the day we moved that tank but didn’t want to piss your better half.

8. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

smart move, she enjoys the display tank side of the hobby more so than the the geek fest behind it!

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  9. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

You need to post tank shot so everyone can see what they missed yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JuanGutz and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  10. Dr.DiSilicate

Adjustments.JPG

Quick tank shot. I’ve been taking some large colonies out and removing some rock as well. Just put a few tiny Frags of mixer stuff in yesterday (thanks to my friends Andrew and Chris) hopefully things will grow in again nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

SynDen, neil82, Kayvon and 2 others like this.
  11. Dr.DiSilicate

Plus this auxiliary tank for a nem or two plus trying to grow a mangrove... IMG_2119.JPG 59848886239__1EE6956A-2F7B-4581-903B-BFC9025CA033.JPG

12. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Tanks look great! Is that a frag rack taken over by zoas in the top left?

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  13. Dr.DiSilicate

Thanks! And lol yea, my frag rack is covered with Zoa and my sand bed is covered with Frags. I should do something about that.

Haddonisreef likes this.
  14. Colored Sticks

Colored Sticks Copepod

Seems to be opposite of the "norm". I have seen a few tanks in the past where they got zoas to grow up and down the back wall of the tanks.

15. Dr.DiSilicate

Adjustments.JPG

Just found this graph interesting. The yellow/orange is the ph probe reading and the black is the soda ash/alkalinity dosing record.

16. Dr.DiSilicate

IMG_2152.JPG

This one includes the alkalinity testing record.

17. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Have you seen a significant increase in required dose of alk with the rise in ph.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

18. Dr.DiSilicate

Yes but I’m not sure which came first... the chicken or the egg. The soda ash causes an increase in ph. If you recall a few weeks ago my salinity was pretty high. Everything fell back into place as I corrected that problem.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  19. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Dang! Looking awesome!

20. Dr.DiSilicate

Thanks Seth! My bad phone pics don’t do it any justice.