1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Drill bit for Synergy Reef overflow needed

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Projects' started by TheRealChrisBrown, Sep 14, 2018 at 9:29 AM.

1. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

The instructions call for a 63mm glass hole saw, although their install video on Youtube claims a 65mm would work as well. If you have one to loan out, I'd love to hear from you. If not I'll probably order it on Monday 9/17 from Synergy.

Thanks

2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Look at amazon! You will find one cheep and it’ll work well for your application.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app

3. Kayvon

Kayvon Copepod

I have a 60mm from when I installed synergy's ghost overflow. Have they changed the sizes?

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  4. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Let me see what I have I have one just not sure of diameter

5. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Why not just use a 2.5" hole saw? You can get those locally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

6. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Yeah must be. They are up to 63mm. Thanks for checking for me though!

7. TheRealChrisBrown

That would work, diamond glass cutting hole saw? Where can I get that locally?

8. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Lowes and home depot usually have them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

9. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Granger up in Fort Collins might.

10. TheRealChrisBrown

I have a 45mm drill bit that I've used to drill 3 holes with...I was hoping to borrow this one since I'm pretty sure it's going to drill 2 holes in it's lifetime and God knows I have enough single use tools lying around in my way.

11. whyamisofly

whyamisofly Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Unfortunately I don't have any that large.

12. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

10 bucks on amazon... free shipping. Lowe’s doesn’t have diamond bit, only carbide. They work for tile but glass? The ones from amazon have been good to me. I just don’t have one large enough for you.

13. Cake_Boss

Cake_Boss Orca M.A.S.C Club Member

When I needed some holes drilled once, the glass shop did it for me. I think $10/hole.
    The whole "not responsible for breaking it" waiver applies though.

14. TheRealChrisBrown

I just went ahead and Amazon'ed it, they also had a gate valve that I needed. Thanks all for helping!

kchristensen8064 likes this.