Drilled 3 gallon Pico Build

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Well, I just did a water test on my pico and was a bit surprised at what I found. The theory of me starting a new cycle seems to be correct. Here are the main 4 test results.

Ph = 8.3
Nitrite = 20ppm
Nitrate = .25ppm
Ammonia = 1.0ppm

Seeing that i just did a water change 2 days ago, It looks like I have a long cycle ahead of me.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The numbers could be high just due to the Maxi's dying and decomposing, not actually a cycle. I think........ :)

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Me thinks it is really impossible to know what happened at this point. Since the Maxi's were decomposing under the rocks. Depending on how much water you changed, tells me the numbers could of been really high at 1 point.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

I changed 5 gallons which is about 20 - 25% of the total water volume. I have another five gallons mixing and I will do another water change after work tomorrow and see wher things are at in a couple more days.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

It took a month, but things have finally stabilized and the tank has completed it's cycle, again. The tank was empty just two days ago, now it has 17 frags in it, thanks to the DBTC meeting and the generosity of everyone there. Here is a list, and a few pics, of everything that I got: (I am missing one frag that I can't remember the name of)

Duncan
Frog Spawn
Forest Fire Monti
Idaho Grape
Purple Monti
Blue striped mushrooms
Rhodactis mushrooms
Neon green toadstool
Whammin Watermelon zoas
2 green explosion zoas
Incredible Hulk zoas
Blow pop zoas
Green Ricordia
Green/Teal zoas
Green Death zoas

Last edited by a moderator:

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Made some more changes to the Pico. I added a couple of small rocks and reorganized things a bit. I am really happy with the outcome and think this is going to be an AWESOME tank once things grow a bit. Here is a new FTS taken this morning. Some things are not fully open or extended because the light had only been on for about 10 minutes when I took the picture. I will try to get some better pics soon.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That shroom is super cool.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Here is the tank today. Everything is doing VERY well and is all happy. I have also included a couple of pics of the new sump.