Event Hosts

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello everyone! Now that the big event is done with and we all had fun, we are back to our awesome home meetings!! We have (I hope lol) a meeting in the works for July up in Denver. So we are looking for 2 people to host up north (longmont - FOCO area) and 1 person to host somewhere in the Denver area. That would make the last 4 meetings of the BOD's tenure even with 2 and 2 north and south. If you'd like to volunteer please either post here or PM me and we can try and work something out! Thanks!!!

I don't always get up to speed on these threads, but would a local aquarium store be up to doing saltwater 101? I sure would appreciate it as would my daughter. I'm not just speaking for myself. We get into this hobby fast, then it seems out equally. The terminology alone is daunting in the listserv. Just a thought. The mom

P.S. I belong to the local astronomy club. Nerds deluxe all of us. We have dinners ahead of time, and on occasion just have a general meeting and not a guest speaker. Would it be too over the top to have a dinner or lunch meeting and a talk, say saltwater 101 (gosh who thought of that great idea), frag 101 or the like? Use a meeting room, slides or not. We don't always have to be in front of an established tank, and for those of us who are new to the saltwater world, we operate in the blind too often. If push comes to shove, we could go to a local LFS store to get our fix in.

gh0st

Cleaner Shrimp
Funny you should ask...

Several of us from D&G just got back from a training course, and while driving around, waiting in airports, etc one idea we kept coming back to was hosting another meeting and having a "Aquarium 101" type class.

We still need to work out details, dates, etc and have a rather intimidating store remodel that we are ramping up to, but it was an idea we wanted to pursue.

Are there any topics that anyone would be interested in hearing about?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody has jumped at this? I remember there was some people saying that we should get back go doing home meetings, and some people even volunteered in different threads (didn't want to go digging lol) that's why I put this up lol.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I have considered it just don't have my summer schedule planned out well enough to commit yet August would be the best most likely.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;89640 said:
Pm sent

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
PM replied

scchase;89641 said:
I have considered it just don't have my summer schedule planned out well enough to commit yet August would be the best most likely.
I can tentatively hold you for August if you'd like Scott?? We owe you one anyways! Just let me know.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Ya that would probably be good I am thinking something along the lines of a BBQ to make use of the backyard.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
We should be due for a DBTC meeting around that time as well right?

I could do a fragswap/sale/dbtc kind of thing in the summer. Not much to interest people with my tank setup and my house is too small to host a sit down meeting but if we spread people out in the house and backyard do a come and go kind of thing, I could do that.

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im in the process of doing a small remodel project for an in the wall tank, but i'd be open to a meeting at my pad sometime later in the summer when things settle down here... Let me know what months/dates are availible, but i have a semi-pro football team and our games are on Saturdays but we do have a bye week in there.... And the championship game is on the 31st of July so we would have to work around that... Let me know!

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
You always have an open invitation at my studio for meetings.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;89730 said:
don't pass this up ...i want a better look at the firehouse ...lol

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
brent ward;89730 said:
Not that it's a "big" deal as I remember you having a tank in the studio, do you still have it??

Collwins;89763 said:
I could do something in June I think
At the moment I have no dates in mind, I'll send you a PM

dv3;89765 said:
don't pass this up ...i want a better look at the firehouse ...lol
It's definitely a sweet place!! I bought my 125 from Brent a long time ago lol!

So if I'm reading everything correct I we have 3 meetings lined up. At the moment Pro Lawn we are just scheduling through August. I'll send you a PM though. At the moment I'm "hoping" to get someone closer up here to the Longmont to FOCO area but we will definitely have a meeting in Denver if nobody up here can volunteer.

May - open
June - Collwins
July - Last "hurrah" for the board
August - Scchase, introduce the new board

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
all this talk about the "new board " does that mean none of you fine folks are going to keep leading us? ....we might just fall apart without you ...seriously