1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Favorite Red Fish

Discussion in 'Fish' started by JodiI, Mar 3, 2018.

1. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod

I need some swimming red in my 75g. What's your favorite red fish?

Have a 6 line wrasse, clowns, and a yellow tang in there right now, along with inverts and corals and such. Looking for a fish that'll be active and not just hide all day. Probably the last fish of the tank.

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Flame hawk?

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

What about a Ruby Red Dragonet? I believe ORA captive breeds them now...

Much like a Mandarin you'd need a ton of pods, probably need to add them to the tank on a regular basis. But they are pretty:

ruby-red-dragonet-1_large.jpg

4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

lg89406PacificRedstripeHogfish.jpg Always wanted one of these. Peppermint hogfish.

5. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Or a flasher or fairy wrasse of some kind.

6. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

my female flame wrasse is mostly red and looks like a jolly rancher swimming around. it's nice

7. MuralReef

Did you make any decisions about a new red fish?

8. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod

Turns out the husband wanted blue. So we went to aquatic art and picked a tri-color wrasse. A little blue, a little red, and bonus yellow!

That peppermint hogfish though - I’m going to have to keep an eye out for one of those.

SynDen likes this.