Filling tank

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay quick question for my fellow reefers. Got my 210 up on stand plumbed and ready. My question is can I feel the tank with my garden hose to do a test run? Just curious cause of the end on the hose.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ya thats fine, it wont hurt anything. its likely how I will fill my 600 when the time comes

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would fill only 1-2 inches at first to double check level etc. With water it's easier than a physical level. I was paranoid about residual sediment and shit from water so mine only got rodi.

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will got it filled and so far so good. First time hard plumbing so I was a bit skeptic of my work haha. Will let it run for a couple days and if no problems then will drain and throw in some fresh saltiness ha. Tried to upload some pics but wouldnt let me.
Thanks again everyone

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Other likely will disagree with me, but honestly, if all is good with no leaks, I would just run with the water you have in it. After 24hrs the chlorine will dissipate, and with added conditioner(s), running heavy carbon, and gfo, if you have phosphates in the water, you can clean and purify most of the impurities out of the water before you put salt in. Let it sit, and run for a week or more to make sure its good and clean. When ready to start the cycle, add salt slowly, via the sump and go from there.