Fish Room Teaser pics

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I intend on starting a new separate build thread since I made so many changes recently but I thought I share a few pics I took last night.

Lots more work and plumbing needed but its slowly getting there. The sump is almost ready to be moved in as well.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very nice looking. I like what you did with the walls and floor! Things are coming together.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a sweet little room.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kris, that's the nicest fish room I've seen yet :)
Wish I had the patience to build something like that hehe.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Willz;91832 said:
I like that, nice and clean. What is that on the walls? I might need to get some of that.
Its 4'x8' sheets of PVC. I got it at home depot. Its kinda pricey though at $20 a sheet. The real nice textured stuff if $30 a sheet but I figured the texture would just be harder to wipe down anyway. The Stuff I got is perfectly smooth on one side and slightly textured on the other I put the smooth side out and used the textured side for better grip with liquid nails construction adhesive and rivets to hold it in place. I use a vinal boarder also from home depot to make a nice clean transition from the tile to the wall.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;91834 said:
Kris, that's the nicest fish room I've seen yet :)
Wish I had the patience to build something like that hehe.
Thanks!!

Mantid;91841 said:
Humidity wont create any problems in your fish room now! very good idea.
I also put in a ventalation fan that will be on a temp/humidity sensor and got a nice little dehumidifier from mdrumm that will be plumbed directly into the sewage line. In addition I vapor locked the entire room with 6mil plastic prior to putting up the drywall, then latex paint on the drywall, then PVC. :)

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Aku;91846 said:
Haha. Yeah, thats pretty sweet. Two questions. How do you actually plug things into the covered outlets? Second, where to you get them?
I need to send a pic to better illustrate but the outlet cover with the window pops out and extends and has rubber billows like an old fashion camera. This creates the space to allow for pretty much any size plug and cord. The cords then go through a channel at the corner with another rubber gromet to seal everything up. I got them at Home Depot $7 each

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only bummer part is they dont sem to make them for quad outlets, or Home Depot just dosnt carry them. So that why I used the other grey weather proof outlet covers for the quads. I really wanted it all to match. I'll get over it someday. :)

Aku

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
kalgra;91853 said:
The only bummer part is they dont sem to make them for quad outlets, or Home Depot just dosnt carry them. So that why I used the other grey weather proof outlet covers for the quads. I really wanted it all to match. I'll get over it someday. :)
Haha, I think I'd be happy to have some of the random piles of crap cleaned out of my fish room.