Fish sick corals look bad.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It would take weeks for the GHA to die off to a point where bacteria could start to consume it and use up all of the oxygen. If that happened, it would be brown, goey and very gross looking. Probably not likely in this time frame.

Is your tank large enough for a rabbitfish?

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;323318 said:
It would take weeks for the GHA to die off to a point where bacteria could start to consume it and use up all of the oxygen. If that happened, it would be brown, goey and very gross looking. Probably not likely in this time frame.

No just a 29 gallon biocube.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know this may be a dumb question, but did you thouroughly rinse the gfo in rodi water before you added it to your reactor? Its possible that the fines got into the gills of fish and the mouth of zoas, which can cause some serious damage.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;323321 said:
I know this may be a dumb question, but did you thouroughly rinse the gfo in rodi water before you added it to your reactor? Its possible that the fines got into the gills of fish and the mouth of zoas, which can cause some serious damage.
Did the GFO cloud up your water? If not I doubt this is the case.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;323318 said:

It's a 29 gallon biocube. It happened to a buddy of mine on his 300 gallon in about a week