Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Ok everyone I'm picking up the flippers this afternoon so I'll be responding to the pm's after I get the stuff.

I be around this afternoon too so of anyone wants to pick up today that should work.

No worries about shipping to the springs later. Ive had my arm in a tank scraping for years another week wont kill me.

Get better and mail em at your convenience.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;163179 said:
Ok everyone I'm picking up the flippers this afternoon so I'll be responding to the pm's after I get the stuff.

I be around this afternoon too so of anyone wants to pick up today that should work.
Thanks for the flippers and the member card. It was good to see your tanks and meeting your family :)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
dirtefish;163184 said:
No worries about shipping to the springs later. Ive had my arm in a tank scraping for years another week wont kill me.

Get better and mail em at your convenience.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Hey jsut pm me your info and I'll figure out the shipping or another way to get it to ya I'm sure someone will be headed down that way sooner than later......anyone feel free to chime in, I know Alex (Zoalander) is up here a lot so maybe we can hit him up to give the flipper a ride.)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
RuRoo;163279 said:
Thanks for the flippers and the member card. It was good to see your tanks and meeting your family :)

Thanks for coming by!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3 said:
how does everyone like them?
Haven't tried the acrylic blade, I'm using the glass blade. I especially like how the blade seems to glide over the silicone, not trying to scrape it off. The flipping action takes some getting used to, but nothing a few tries won't fix.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Really liken mine and like Khalis I have been using the acrylic and it seems to be doing a great job tackling the algae. the magnet is mega strong and only one or two passes does the job.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The blade works good at taking off the coraline spots on the 210g. The scrubber side works ok but I can't move it too fast or it will pull off. I'd say the 210g at 1/2" thick is just a wee bit too much for it. Again, it works great on the blade side, just a little too weak on the scrubber side. Won't replace my magnavore but is much better at taking off the hard spots.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;163472 said:
The blade works good at taking off the coraline spots on the 210g. The scrubber side works ok but I can't move it too fast or it will pull off. I'd say the 210g at 1/2" thick is just a wee bit too much for it. Again, it works great on the blade side, just a little too weak on the scrubber side. Won't replace my magnavore but is much better at taking off the hard spots.
still not bad IMO ~$20 for an easy to use scraper on a 210g.... gonna be hard to find anything that is gonna beat that massive magnavore as a scrubber

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I totally agree. Just the fact that it gets the coraline off is worth more than 20 alone. I am happy with it and would recommend to others.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hmmm. Either I have the worlds toughest coralline or my flipper is defective. I used it last night and the coralline does not come off easy. I had to run the flipper over and over and over the coralline to remove it. When it does come off it comes off little by little, not in a nice line like with a razor blade. Anyone else have the same experience? maybe my blade is not flat? I did get a replacement blade, i will give that a shot and see if maybe its just the blade.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the same problem with mine Kris. Mine seems to only work on the edges. Let me know if the replacement blade works so I can order one up.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;163485 said:
I have the same problem with mine Kris. Mine seems to only work on the edges. Let me know if the replacement blade works so I can order one up.
With the acrylic blade, mine only did this on the curved glass on the front of the tank...no issues on the side glass.

The glass blade did give me some similar issues; I figured either sand or algae build-up was making the blade sit unevenly against the glass and giving me trouble. You guys may be right on the blade not being straight though, didn't even think of that.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
could be your blade isnt flat ...i believe lance had this problem ...you could try to straighten probably as long as you can do it in a way that doesnt make it worse or email them and see if they have a suggetion ....actually i have to email then in a little bit so ill mention it and should hae a response by this eveing

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Don. I like mine a lot on my BioCube, just takes a bit longer with only using the corners of the blade to scrape things.