• I want 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have to say that this was a GREAT group buy. I have a magnavore 6 that I glued a scraper to to act like this device and it does not scrape nearly as well. Kills the algae on my acrylic. Bummed that I am hooking Travis up with the second one I bought. maybe I will give him the homemade magnavore that cost me a hundred bucks! LOL

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had the same problem kris. I think my acrylic is too thick for it since it doesnt seem to hold very tight.

I ended up just using the wet side and my hand to scrape it off. Worked great. I am halfway through the 8ft tank. No scratches so far.

Before...
[attachment=61518:name]

After...
[attachment=61519:name]

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;163564 said:
I had the same problem kris. I think my acrylic is too thick for it since it doesnt seem to hold very tight.

I ended up just using the wet side and my hand to scrape it off. Worked great. I am halfway through the 8ft tank. No scratches so far.

Before...
View attachment 6693

After...
View attachment 6694
Wow that's great. Flipper works great on my tank as well.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
BPreefer;163556 said:
Hey Don are you getting the ones that haven't been picked up back? Or should I try again to contact Adam?
Pm sent

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
great results derek!

just need to get a few shipped off and looks like just about everyone should have theirs now

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
almost forgot to post this pic ...this what they said they do if they get a slightly tweaked blade

errr ...this stupid hospital network isnt letting me post a pic but basically you grab the ends with you fingers and flex the middle with you thumbs till its straight

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I replaced my blade aaaaaand............

I love my flipper now!!

I actually like the cleaning pad better than the scraper. The scraper is good dont get me wrong but that cleaning pad cleans up the algae like nobody's business. Thanks Don for putting this together.

O and I really like the low profile. I am able to get into spots now that I was not able to before.

And I found a nifty little trick to flipping it. I do it in the top corner of my aquarium, flipping is much easier there.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;164144 said:
I think we need a pic of that :D
send me your email anf ill try to sent it to you...then you could post post it for me?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
mine isn't working on the green algae in the corners and edges of my tank. everything else its great but the corners and bottom are caked.