Fluid Designers?

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah...it's a free 3d design program on the web....by...you guessed it, Google.

What do you guys use for 3d design? Maybe I can port into a format you can see...

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
SquidBreath;298589 said:
Yeah...it's a free 3d design program on the web....by...you guessed it, Google.

What do you guys use for 3d design? Maybe I can port into a format you can see...
We are pretty old school here. Graph paper, pencil and eraser(s)!

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like the old pencil, eraser and ruler methods!!! Keep it up Dave. (Measure twice and cut once!!!)

V

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pencil and paper will never go out of style. :) I am a new user to sketch-up but have found it useful so far.
I get my new stand Thursday so I will be planning out a big sump too...

Here's a shot of what I am trying to do. The map you see is the bottom of a standard dim 120. The triangular cutouts in the corners are the overflows. The tallest trays are 3.5" deep, then 2.5 inches deep, then 1.5 inches deep. They need to be made of 1/4"ish acrylic and will hold sand. Prefer that they be all clear, instead of the black bottoms shown in this sketch.

[attachment=66442:name]

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So...yeah....the above picture...that is what I am looking to do. And a huge sump--will have the designs for that in a couple days. That looks like something you guys can do? I get paid Friday and I need to blow all my money on this build before I fritter it away on frivolities like...food and such. Where is your web site? Doin' the pee-pee dance here. ;-)
I think we are all excited to see you guys here.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SquidBreath;298683 said:
Here's a shot of what I am trying to do. The map you see is the bottom of a standard dim 120. The triangular cutouts in the corners are the overflows. The tallest trays are 3.5" deep, then 2.5 inches deep, then 1.5 inches deep. They need to be made of 1/4"ish acrylic and will hold sand. Prefer that they be all clear, instead of the black bottoms shown in this sketch.

View attachment 18247
What are the trays for? Maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Since we kind of got off topic here Ill just put this out here. But I am a 3d artist by trade and have done so for more then 10 years. I dont use sketchup but I use 3ds max (way better then sketch up). If anyone wants help designing their setup in 3d I would be happy to help any members out with this

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
PM sent about dosing container pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
FluidDesigners;299005 said:
Yes! We should talk.
-Dave
Would love too, shot me a pm sometime and we can arrange a time to talk

Ikan60

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just picked up our super sexy new sump from Dave. It's rockin'! Also getting a 180 gallon from him. It'll have to do until we get him to build us an awesome custom tank :chuncky:. Seriously, it's a pretty sweet tank - we're super excited! Now we don't have to make a mess of drilling and plumbing our tank. (Thanks to everyone who gave us advice on that but I think given our mad skills, this is for the best!) Will post pics once it's cycled and has livestock! Thanks again, Dave!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's exciting!! Mike n Dave are two stellar guys, so I know they're gonna build you a rockin' system. Can't WAIT to see that build thread! PICS PICS PICS!