Those are pretty cool. To bad I already bought some leds

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
pretty cool ... i wonder the the cost will weigh in though

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Guess the heat from these little guys is as bad and worse then MH....

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man this is making Want to sell my LEDs and get these but if thy is the price i won't be getting these

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
There is a grow store called grow wise by Aqua-mart. They have one, go check it out...

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Give it a few years, the price will come down. These are by far the closest thing you can get to natural sunlight. The problem is a lot of people like to look at their reefs with actinics, which don't give very good growth.

So with these you get great growth, but you don't have that stunning cool look.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, they said when you want to view it, you could dim it to get like a 20k look. Then when you are at work, you could have it set up high to grow out things.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
that0neguy1126;85630 said:
The problem is a lot of people like to look at their reefs with actinics, which don't give very good growth.
That's not what I've been reading. 20000Ks are better for growth than 5500Ks.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
I also read an article where they quoted the manufacturer as saying the LEPs would last a lifetime, which conflicts with what the specs show. While the lumens-per-watt rating is on par with the Cree XP-Gs, the average lifespan is only half of what the average LED is.

Still, you know somebody's going to buy them just to show off. Maybe when I win the Powerball.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is very cool, and I already see LED/LEP hybrid lights coming, and I will have them, oh yes, I will have.......

phillipj2

Butterfly Fish
People have been growing corals for years with Mh. I like the idea of saving money with LEDs but there is a limit for me for how much I will spend on lighting. The super high prices I just think it's worth it yet. IMO

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Chinese led fixtures are performing just fine for me. About the same cost of MH.