frag tank help

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would recommend sending the sponsors a PM directly. Between Gonzo, Ambrosia Aquatics, TheCoralShop.com, reefkoi you should be able to put together a great system.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 24" x 24" x 8" acrylic frag tank with corner overflow for sale. Come with the tank, 20L glass sump, eheim 1250 return, home made stand, and heater. Only $150. It's in great shape but I need to sell it because I'm moving.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe01;182407 said:
I have a 24" x 24" x 8" acrylic frag tank with corner overflow for sale. Come with the tank, 20L glass sump, eheim 1250 return, home made stand, and heater. Only $150. It's in great shape but I need to sell it because I'm moving.
I am thinking I want one that is not drilled, since it will only be for shows. thanks though

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, Craigar has a nice frag tank for sale. Look at his sale thread.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could always just cap the bulkheads. Wouldn't cost more than a couple bucks and a trip to lowes. Or just keep the water line below the overflow. Gonna pay way more for a new one that's not drilled.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Heffe01;182754 said:
You could always just cap the bulkheads. Wouldn't cost more than a couple bucks and a trip to lowes. Or just keep the water line below the overflow. Gonna pay way more for a new one that's not drilled.
I think heffws would be a great show tank. Ans actually I would just plan to have it hang over the table your setting up on just enough to use.the overflow then just connect long enough hoses to run a universal sub/non-sub pump and.set it on the floor. That way you can have built in flow and control with a ball valve. This also would free the need to have a area specific powerhead because you would be just turning over the whole tank. Remember you don't want a ton of flow so that viewers can see things clearly and not be distracted by ripples.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe's tank is really nice. No way to get that nice for near the price if you go new.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Depends on how you cap it. Could cap it through the top. Or make a cradle for it to sit on. Such as a piece of styrofoam with a hole cut out for it.

Honestly though, at frag shows I hardly see a frag tank filled all the way to the top. And the overflow is at the top.