Innovative Marine SR80, all coral, and fish for sale

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unfortunately due to time constaints on my life I am selling my Innovative Marine SR80 with all the coral and fish. I'd like to sell the tank, return pumps, fish, coral, rock and sand to one person as I just don't have the time to sell everything piece by piece. The tank has been up and running for over 5 years. I am going to keep my lights and all the other pieces and parts because hopefully down the road I'll have the time to get back into the hobby. The good- I have a lot of what I think are nice coral and fish, the bad- there are flat worms and some water damage to the stand where the line from my dosing pump came undone and leaked calcium... $2000 obo. Call or text Alec 303 619 7322
Fish: Cheveron Tang
Can't remember the name tang
Lightning maroon clown
Starry Blenny
Diamond Goby
red seaserpent starfish
purple lobster
misc inverts
Coral: See pictures...

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Forgot a photo...

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
For the sake of the tangs (the grey one looks like a black shoulder tang, which gets 16" and the Chevron gets 11"), I would post those up for sale separately. That tank isn't even close to big enough for those two. Those two tangs need a 6ft tank of at least 180 gallons. Otherwise GLWS. That birdsnest is a beast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’m guessing my price is too high. I don’t know what a fair price is? If anyone is interested in the setup make me an offer, whatever you feel to be fair.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
it's more to do with a narrow audience here. Most of us have an aquarium and aren't looking for one. The price isn't terrible, it's not a great deal but it's not bad. Have you tried craigslist or R2R?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’m guessing my price is too high. I don’t know what a fair price is? If anyone is interested in the setup make me an offer, whatever you feel to be fair.
In addition to narrow audience it's also also hard because of the way it's set up. Someone looking for a ready to rock aquarium may be put off by the need to also buy skimmer, wavemakers, and lights at that price point. Someone looking for a tank build usually doesnt want livestock because customizing the build (especially with automation) takes time. Leaves a pretty narrow focus in an already narrowly focused audience.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ya I would say fair price depends on how fast you want to move it. 2k is reasonable if you have time to wait for the right person to want it, but very few want a full setup, so might take a while. You may get around that price, maybe more, if you take the time to part it out, but if you need to sell it right away, then best chance is to slash the price by a lot
If you dont want to super discount it, then try selling stuff in this order.
Coral / rock
Fish
Equipment /tank
Some shops, and many of our sponsors, might be interested in buying the colonies, rock, and fish so be sure to ask them too.

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you, I totally understand the audience I'm trying to sell to, and that's why I posted here first. I know that at least if I sell here my tank will be going to someone who has a true interest in the hobby. I've been with MASC (although not actively) since 2010 and the group of members in this club have always helpful, especially when I first got into the hobby. I could sell everything piece by piece, but I'd honestly just be winging it if I had to guess what I should price everything at. I know what I've invested and I feel though my enjoyment of the tank over the years that I have already been fairly compensated for my investment. I do need to sell my tank sooner rather than later and so hopefully if I "slash the price" as SynDen suggests to $1000 maybe someone will be interested.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I think at $1000 you're much better priced. I think it is a fantastic system, my issue would be how much more I'd have to invest in lights and other "parts and pieces"....some of which are essential from day 1. So I'd have to fork over a grand, and then another big chunk of money for lighting. I think you'd do better selling it at say $1500 everything included...someone gets a turnkey system. Then down the road buy all new stuff, as the tech will have advanced. What ever you decide to do, GLWS!

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You make a good point! So $1000 for tank coral rock sand, etc., or $1500 if you’d like the tank etc and the 3 AI hydra 52’s, the rails and the director...