Frogfish Bowfront

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ever since we moved into the new house, the finished basement has always been a little empty as we didn't have the furniture to fill it out. Well now that it's mostly furnished and we use the space, we setup a 26gal bowfront that I got for free a while ago. The plan is to have it be a frogfish tank with some softies, lps, gorgonians, macro, and maybe a clam or two. I had the stand custom built by my coworker who does woodworking on the side as I wanted a nice wood stand that had some extra shelf space around the perimeter of the tank. As far as equipment I have a Jabao PP-4, Tunze ATO, eheim jager heater, oversized HOB filter to act as a mini fuge and to hold the temp and pH probe, generic black box LED fixture, and a RKL. The overall look is to hopefully resemble the Lembeh Straits in Indonesia. My wife and I went diving there for a week and fell in love with the place. Frogfish everywhere and black volcanic sand bottoms. Currently the cycle is pretty much finished and once that is complete I'll start adding in some snails and a few corals. Holding off on the frogfish until I'm sure everything is stable.

Now for some pics starting with the stand construction!

Aquascape for now:

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I finally picked up a fish! Divers Den had a nice wartskin angler the other day. He appears to have settled in nicely and already went after the shrimp I put in there for him.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Love him, good to hear!

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I've been having really good luck with mollies and my Angler. I think they are some of the coolest fish, and everybody likes to watch him eat!

Just out of curiosity does he whip his esca with a frozen krill?

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;657713 said:
I've been having really good luck with mollies and my Angler. I think they are some of the coolest fish, and everybody likes to watch him eat!

Just out of curiosity does he whip his esca with a frozen krill?
I've only done the krill once and he was already angling before I fed it to him so I'm not sure if he'll start when I put it in or not.

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tried my hand out with the Gopro and slowing down the video afterward. I don't think it came out too bad. Excuse all of the floating particles, sand got stirred up while trying to place the camera.