Frustration post

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Which part rusted? I looked at mine this morning and didn't see any parts that could rust.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;341258 said:
Which part rusted? I looked at mine this morning and didn't see any parts that could rust.
Its the magnet inside. They dont coat the magnet with anything like epoxy. Essentially the only thing keeping the saltwater away from the magnet is the sticker adhesive holding the clip disk to the magnet. I guarantee you could probably just about peel that part off with your fingernail and see the magnet all rusted inside. It will eventally just fall off anyway because stickers just to hold up to saltwater.

Just google the reviews on the TLF veggie mag and you will find lots of reviews. Literally every review made by someone who has had that veggie mag for more than a few months will be complaining about the same thing.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Frustration post

ThunderTwonk;341259 said:
Its the magnet inside. They dont coat the magnet with anything like epoxy. Essentially the only thing keeping the saltwater away from the magnet is the sticker adhesive holding the clip disk to the magnet. I guarantee you could probably just about peel that part off with your fingernail and see the magnet all rusted inside. It will eventally just fall off anyway because stickers just to hold up to saltwater.

Just google the reviews on the TLF veggie mag and you will find lots of reviews. Literally every review made by someone who has had that veggie mag for more than a few months will be complaining about the same thing.

My whole magnet is encased in black plastic and I have had it over a year. Maybe they took the feedback and improved their product.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BryanF;341291 said:
For sale threads with no prices.
I myself have to honestly agree! Debating opening that up for discussions on being mandatory - at least a price or price and OBO.

I'm actually surprised you didn't say "people slow to respond to Private Messages" lol. Which by the way you will have one here shortly.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;341292 said:
I myself have to honestly agree! Debating opening that up for discussions on being mandatory - at least a price or price and OBO.

I'm actually surprised you didn't say "people slow to respond to Private Messages" lol. Which by the way you will have one here shortly.
Another rule. Sometimes people are open to all kinds of things not just money.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Frustration number 8 bazillion:
Was topping off my tanks last night so I unhooked my auto top off on my Tanganyikan tank, hooked it back up and went to bed, float stuck and water ran all night. Another tank of dead fish. Been set up that way for a decade and never happened before. Right now it feels like here fish come to my house, you can die a slow and painful death here. Grrrrrrr

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;341298 said:
I don't mean to take this post in a new direction. I think trades are a little easier, most people state what trades they would be open to and the dialog seems to be a little easier.

I find it difficult as a buyer to throw out a price I think is fair only to offend a seller. I've never test drove a car or viewed a house not knowing if it were in my budget or not.

I would be all for a rule that requires pricing. I'll put my soap box away now..

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew_bram;341298 said:
Absolutely I agree 100% - everyone is entitled to sell, trade, give away and throw away what ever on earth it is that they want as they own it for sure!!!! Never would I request to or take that away from someone. What I would suggest that people do is the following just to make things more simple for people to see and know, what it is exactly you are looking to get out of the item:

Post a Price
Post a Price and OBO
Post a Price, OBO and Open To Trades
Post a Price, OBO, Open To Trades and Gift Cards
Post a Price, OBO, Open To Trades, Gift Cards or Amount of Gold Bars
Post a Price, OBO, Open To Trades, Gift Cards, Amount Gold Bars or Amount of Candy Bars

Where as to me (and this is just me and my own personal opinion) - PM for price just seems odd, why not post what you are ideally wanting in value for the item?

* AGAIN THIS IS JUST WHAT I THINK AND HAS NOTHING TO WITH ANYONE OTHER THAN MYSELF AND DOES NOT REPRESENT THE BOD OR ANY OTHER MEMBERS

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's MY frustration!
Sometimes the water is so cold that I can't snorkel for more than a couple of hours. Makes it hard to maintain my 'tank' when I can't get a good look at what's going on with it.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Paid big bucks for a skimmer for my Red Sea and cannot get it to work:( Hard to get the manufacturer to call me back and if the problem is what I think it is…water levels, it really was not properly designed for this system. GGrrrrrrr

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pisces II;341324 said:
Paid big bucks for a skimmer for my Red Sea and cannot get it to work:( Hard to get the manufacturer to call me back and if the problem is what I think it is…water levels, it really was not properly designed for this system. GGrrrrrrr
UGH! Now that seriously sucks. Can you return it?

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;341320 said:
Here's MY frustration!
Sometimes the water is so cold that I can't snorkel for more than a couple of hours. Makes it hard to maintain my 'tank' when I can't get a good look at what's going on with it.
Are you freaking kidding me! Do a water change.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Super frustrated that Netflix doesn't stream "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", just saying.