Frustration post

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;341338 said:
Are you freaking kidding me! Do a water change.
I did! Made international headlines when I dumped the old water on Cabo. Everyone else was calling it Odile.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;341374 said:
Well I hate having taken the time to put location on in the location field and still getting asked where your location is.
Think that is mostly a tapatalk thing, You have to actually go into someones profile to find it if mobile.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hate when people say to me "I just turned around and you weren't there."
Well duh!! My location is always "right behind you". It dosn't matter what direction you are facing or how many time you turn around. I'm still in the same place right behind you.:witless:

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When your main pump short circuits or something kills the power to the house not knowing its the pump in your fish tank you get everything turned back on and smell something burning. Walk the house and then see smoke coming from your tank... The pump had bubbles coming from it and when they would pop it would be smoke.... And all the fish stores are closed. And when you take the pump out you break your y tube thing for the two returns from the pump.... Now there's no circulation for the heater or anything for oxygen. My red dragon better make it or I will be so upset with this hobby :(

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
JuanGutz;341433 said:
When your main pump short circuits or something kills the power to the house not knowing its the pump in your fish tank you get everything turned back on and smell something burning. Walk the house and then see smoke coming from your tank... The pump had bubbles coming from it and when they would pop it would be smoke.... And all the fish stores are closed. And when you take the pump out you break your y tube thing for the two returns from the pump.... Now there's no circulation for the heater or anything for oxygen. My red dragon better make it or I will be so upset with this hobby :(
If it doesn't I may have a small piece for you.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
JuanGutz;341433 said:
I think I am on red dragon number 5 or 6 when I get my next piece

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
My maroon clown and I disagree about new corals. I love them, she doesn't. Normally it takes me a ridiculous amount of superglue or epoxy to to eventually get them fixed to a rock because the clown battles the new corals with a vengeance until the coral ends up on the sand bed. I glue it back, she knocks it down again. I hate that fish.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
JuanGutz;341433 said:
So fixed it this morning, so far some Zoas are melting, might of lost some sps but the red dragon has some color but not a total lost one really hoping! We will see... Honestly might see a for sale thread soon. I'm to bi polar with this hobby love it but loosing certain things kills it for me...

bathomassr

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
BrianH;341446 said:
My maroon clown and I disagree about new corals. I love them, she doesn't. Normally it takes me a ridiculous amount of superglue or epoxy to to eventually get them fixed to a rock because the clown battles the new corals with a vengeance until the coral ends up on the sand bed. I glue it back, she knocks it down again. I hate that fish.
I banished my red clown to a small tank all his own. I muss seeing him in the display, but don't miss his shenanigans. Lol

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
JuanGutz;341498 said:
So fixed it this morning, so far some Zoas are melting, might of lost some sps but the red dragon has some color but not a total lost one really hoping! We will see... Honestly might see a for sale thread soon. I'm to bi polar with this hobby love it but loosing certain things kills it for me...
I hear you here. I have grown to hate submersible pumps although I'm using an EHEIM 1262 for my skimmer right now until I move/replumb my sump. Historically I've been an Iwaki bigot (never a problem) but now I'm a pretty big fan of PanWorld despite the noise. All the pumps are in a basement equipment room under my stairs so we can block most noise that way.

I have a 200PS that is soon to replace the 100PX for return. Off that return will be the refugium and GFO/GAC reactors. Probably still have to dial it back. The 100PX will run the skimmer and a 50PXX will cycle with the chiller. Xcel loves me.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
JuanGutz;341498 said:
Man you just got back into the hobby after a short break, which means you are not allowed to sell your stuff and must remain in the hobby for at least 2 years before you can quit again. :p

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;341946 said:
Man you just got back into the hobby after a short break, which means you are not allowed to sell your stuff and must remain in the hobby for at least 2 years before you can quit again. :p
Well looks like everything bleached but still have polyp extension so they aren't dead so im staying in for now!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oceanbear1;344503 said:
It's frustrating when you come home and your red dragon acropora RTN'd for no apparent reason and everything else is healthy
Look for red bugs. Red dragon is super sensitive to those, so if you have them, that could explain why it RTN and other corals look fine.

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its frustrating when ur urchin leaves everything alone till i get a frag of jf jack o lantern lepto. Hope it comes back he ate half of it