1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

FS: Medium/Large Male Blue Jaw Trigger

Discussion in 'Frags and Livestock for Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by IUFan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. IUFan

IUFan Copepod

My pair must have had a breakup as the female has turned male, I now have 2 male blue jaws and that eventually won’t end well.

Had him for 3+ years, medium/large, very fat and healthy. $70 pickup from Broomfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. IUFan

IUFan Copepod

[​IMG]

3. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Very tempting but I want a pair of sargassum :/

4. neil82

neil82 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

How large is that guy? Do you have a minimum tank size recommendation?

5. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I’d say nothing smaller then 125

6. Rigo07

Rigo07 Prawn

Is it reef safe

7. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

They won't eat coral, but they are not considered "reef safe" because they will eat shrimp and snails.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

8. IUFan

IUFan Copepod

Would want him to go to a 180 tank if possible, he’s about 6” Long right now and likes open swimming space. Lots of personality, has been good in my Reef tank, he may have eaten a few peppermint shrimp but hasn’t touched my Coral Banded Shrimp or Cleaner Shrimp. May be the culprit for eating a few snails, but never witnessed anything, I think the key is to keeping him fed and he won’t need to look for other food in the tank.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  9. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

I have had about twenty X. triggers over the years and none of them have ever touched any invert. Most of the stories that you hear are supposition with only a very few actual eye-witness accounts of any ill deeds - and I have an eye-witness account of a purple tank eating a shrimp, so any fish can go rogue. IMO, these are more reef safe than non-Genicanthus angelfish or any tang or rabbit.

These are good reef citizens for the larger tank:
    http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-05/hcs3/index.php

BTW - I have multiple males on many occasions without any issues.

10. jda123

The X. triggers do not have the anatomy to eat snails or get them out of the shell. Perhaps these fish are being mistaken for Rhinecanthus triggers, which can and do.

11. jda123

Send me a PM if you do not find a new home over the weekend. 225g tank here and a very large love for reef-safe triggers.

SynDen likes this.
  12. IUFan

IUFan Copepod

Will do, couple of people interested so will keep you posted, definitely want him to go to a good home.