Aqua medic Aquaspacelight 2x250 hqi 2x54pc

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
picked this up for free as the seller didnt want it.

after a little research I believe I found what this is. Aquaspacelight 2x250hqi 2x54pc 48"
"This was a fixture originally built for the European market, where 220v wiring is typical. When they decided to bring the fixture to the USA, they added additional ballasts to convert out 110v power to 220v power to front end the rest of the circuit. " it honestly weighs 50+ pounds, the MH work, but PCs dont turn on and I dont have other bulbs to test. Is there anything worth salvaging out of this?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Pcs are kind of useless anyways other than that its a fixture I would use

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm running a similar fixture on my 90. From what I understand, aquamedic made quality equipment. I was able to find replacement parts for it too which I did not expect.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you don't end up using it, I'd be interested for the parts. But if your wanting to run MH, this is probably a solid unit.

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
If you don't end up using it, I'd be interested for the parts. But if your wanting to run MH, this is probably a solid unit.
that was my thought process, but i have a 72" tank, and I really would like to have remote ballasts as this thing is a UNIT! so heavy

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have several of these. They are still good fixtures. The PCs are worthless, so feel free to replace them with some reefbrites or just not use them.

They are just as good as any current DE fixture running on m80.

About all that I have done with them in 15 years is replace a ignitor every once in a while. The great thing about having two lights is that you can swap sides with stuff and see what works. :)

Please don't throw it away... the glass, ballasts, line voltage regulators, ignitors, sockets, etc. all have value to people running MH.

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I have several of these. They are still good fixtures. The PCs are worthless, so feel free to replace them with some reefbrites or just not use them.
Please don't throw it away... the glass, ballasts, line voltage regulators, ignitors, sockets, etc. all have value to people running MH.
Definitely will not be throwing it away!
I might annoy you for help with this, I havent cracked it open yet.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chad at AquaMedic helped me years ago with these. He might be helpful if he does not disavow all past knowledge of them. :)