M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;26223 said:
It looks really nice.
If you need some aiptasia for that copperband, I have a bunch for him to eat :D
i lost the CBB yesterday :(

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think a lot of it has to do it with lack of coralline algae. A few people have said my 46 gal is really clean looking but I dont know that it really has anything to do with having more or less particulates than any other tank. Go through and look at the tanks with coralline vs those without. It just seems cleaner when there isnt any growing. I have a really low flow tank so very little coralline ever grew in my tank at all.

Second photo on this link is my 46 gal and this is after 7 years in very low flow.
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showpost.php?p=15921&postcount=25

68sting

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah the coraline does make a difference. I'm really talking about the water though. Some people have no particulate in there water and others due. Marty (ritmar)and I were talking about this the other day. Every once in awhile you see a tank that has very little to no particulate in the water. Those tanks look incredible and we can't seem to get yours that clean.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I believe that more flow can also be the cause of more particulates. Its hard for them to settle if that water is always moving fast. I can look through my tank from side to side and not see a thing "floating" around in there. I also only have 3 small fish and haven't fed the tank in over 3 months. That also might contribute to the lack of particulates.