Garlic guard

So a friend of mine told me to try out this stuff called Garlic Guard and to soak my algae in it for my tangs . before I use it in my tank would like to get more then just his opinion and does it have any good effects or negative effects?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
There is no real data or proof that garlic actually does anything for the health of the fish, but it is largely believed that it helps boost immune system and also acts as a appetite enhancer. From using garlic powder in the past with my fish, I believe that this is indeed the case. Whenever I add new fish or have fish that look like they may not be feeling well, or that arent eating, garlic soaked food seems to work like a charm, every time.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Exactly what I was going to say. The garlic itself does nothing more than provoke better eating, which in turn will keep the fish's immune system healthier. If that wasn't the case then all food would probably have it mixed in????? As for it also curing disease. Same thing applies. If it was as simple as garlic then we could just pour it in our tanks during an outbreak and our fish would be cured. All myths. Use garlic to help entice and encourage picky eaters to eat and to encourage feeding during illnesses to keep fish fed and stronger to better fight off sickness or parasites