Gauging interest

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a batch of onyx/picasso clowns that have just finished going through metamorphosis. I would like to know if anyone would be willing to buy some of these guys in bulk before they get their second stripe. I have no clue what these fish would look like other than by looking at my previous batches. Some will get onyx coloring, some will get some low grade picasso markings and some will have both. Some will have normal percula markings. Buying them this young would require you to set up a separate tank with filtration and would require extra effort on your part to crush the food small enough for them to eat but it would also be a chance to get some higher priced fish for extremely cheap. I'm going to ask some LFS's first but if they don't want to raise them, I'd like to offer them up here. Once they get their second stripe, the deal will be gone because I'll have an idea which ones will have extra markings. Let me know if this is interesting to anyone?
Thanks

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sometimes it takes a year or two for perculas.....then again, maybe he won't get the third stripe hehe.

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
fyi-I have 6 of zooid's clowns in one tank with one anemone. The only way to do this is by getting them from the same batch. Otherwise they kill in each other. Having a "school" of clownfish is awesome.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
price?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
mdrumm;92341 said:
fyi-I have 6 of zooid's clowns in one tank with one anemone. The only way to do this is by getting them from the same batch. Otherwise they kill in each other. Having a "school" of clownfish is awesome.
never considered that i could keep them all ...great idea

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;92378 said:
It'd be cool but I only have the 300 and the nano and the wife would kill me if I had to setup another tank lol.
Juan dont be scared !