Getting Ready

B-Willz

Angel Fish
I have been trying to come up with a final design for the fish room. So far this is what I have come up with. The DT will be a 90g. The wall in the fish room is 12ft and the current plan takes up about 6ft. so there should be plenty of room to expand. Do you guys have any suggestions on this design. I just want to make sure I am on the right track. I am planning on starting the build this weekend. Would love any input.

View attachment 1914

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
One baffle is a divider between the incoming chamber and fuge, then I have a bubble trap between the fuge and return pump. I have high, 11", dividers. Skimmer in first chamber. If I could do it again, I would put the incoming water into the middle chamber, along with skimmer. Water would then flow through a bubble chamber into the last chamber with the return pump. From the return pump I would T off a line for low flow to the fuge, which would be in the first chamber. One option I would also do is have more T's off of the return to run the reactors and such.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

B-Willz

Angel Fish
What is the resoning for putting the fuge in the first chamber? I have always had mine in the middle. Would it be better to T the drain line into the middle and first so the fuge is getting dirtier water rather then cleaned skimmed water?

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mainly when its the 3rd chamber it is for a display fuge. I have always done mine in the center as well.

Sent from my HTC Incredible