Green/Red Bubble algae...

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got a frag awhile back that had some on it and I thought I got rid of it. But after a while I saw new buble algae growth on the frag, so i again cleaned it. Today I noticed it was covered yet a again all the around the rim of the chalice. And upon closer inspection it has now started to spread. i have pluck out the ones that where easy to get to but a ton is still attached to parts of the tank I can't safely remove.

Any ideas on what to do?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Emerald crab should work.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do dislike getting crabs... lol

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;104815 said:
I do dislike getting crabs... lol
Keep picking and scrubbing!

Honestly havent foudn a darn thing that will eat that red bubble algae :( If you find something PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! that red bubble algae has been plaguing my nem tank too...

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My emerald eats it

hmmmm I have both emeralds and rubys in there and they havent ... maybe i should take the rock out and put it in my stock tanks with all the emeralds and rubys LOL

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea that would be a good experiment to see how they react and determine if some will eat it or if all of them like it......hehehe

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You would think the red crabs would eat the red bubble algea.. lol Dumb crabs...

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;104838 said:
You would think the red crabs would eat the red bubble algea.. lol Dumb crabs...
Lol!

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
I love emeralds