1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Greetings from Dumont. We still have a post office, for now.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cherbear, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Cherbear

Cherbear Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hi all...moved here about a year ago from upstate NY (just below Canada). Drove out with our 80 gallon cube, a bunch of live rock, several fish and two dogs...what a ride! At least our cat was able to fly in to meet us! It’s been up and down since then...literally since we at first moved to about 9500 feet above sea level, when we had been at 350 feet in NY. There is a difference, lol! And we’ve moved again since then....so two moves in less than a year for my tank, and still one to go when our house is finished. Time marches on!

Cherub likes this.
  2. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Well welcome to Colorado and the club. That certainly is a big change all around, but bet you cant wait for the house to be finished. New house = tank upgrade(s) too ;) I see a 210 in your future haha

Cherub likes this.
  3. Cherbear

Haha...we already have our new tank and lighting system for the new house! It’s going to be a 90 cube with t5/LED hybrid lighting. Can’t wait to move out of our daughter's basement though!

SynDen and Cherub like this.
  4. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome! Nice to see you on here :)

Cherbear likes this.
  5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

My wife and I lived in Rochester, NY for 4 years.....anywhere close to where you were? Welcome to the club! And welcome to Colorado!

Cherbear and Cherub like this.
  6. neil82

neil82 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome! Any pictures of your tank?

7. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Got your membership setup. Thanks for the support, glad to have you along!

8. halmus

halmus Sardine Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

Welcome!

We were in upstate NY last year. You’re going to love your summers free of black flies. Holly cow those things suck! I came back a short a few quarts of blood.

How’s the tank doing?

9. Cherbear

Haha....I wouldn’t post pics of my current tank if my life depended on it! Had a recent episode of.....something, which is slowly killing all my chalices and favites. Among other things. I think it started with a case of low nutrients and high alkalinity, but the damage continues relentlessly. Sent in an ICP test but that takes forever to be resulted (sent to Germany). So my tank isn’t at its all time best right now to say the least!
    But we’ll be starting over again in less than 2 months after the move...so there’s that, lol!

Cherub likes this.
  10. neil82

neil82 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I can appreciate that. No worries though, you can post pictures and we will do our best to help out. I have been guilty of posting some pretty ugly photos in the past...

Cherub and Cherbear like this.
  11. Cherbear

12. Cherbear

We lived more to the east...closer to vermont and just below Montreal. I do have some good friends that live in victor, ny though.