Group Buy: Frozen food order @ $1.25 per 3.5 oz Cube Tray

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Frozen Brine Shrimp, Mysis, and Rotifers at PetCO, or on line Doctors Fosters and Smith costs over $4 per tray when using coupons and waiting for sales when you take shipping and tax into consideration....

How does $1.25 per tray sound? That's about 1/3 of the price. Brineshrimpdirect has been around for a long time and I've bought from them twice before.

Price includes shipping, and there is no tax. This for 200 trays where my order alone is 100 trays. So as a group, we don't need much to reach this threshold. At this price point, the trays come in plastic marked/labeled bags of 7 trays, there are no white boxes. (you don't have to order 7, any qty is fine) Any other order from their site would be @ 5% off (not the frozen trays as they're already discounted), but there might be extra shipping depending on what you want to add... (like if you want the Kilo blocks of shrimp).

Any of these are $1.25 per tray (includes shipping)
-- Brine Shrimp
-- Mysis
-- Rotifers
-- -
-- Krill Pacifica Plankton

The following would be $1.50 per tray (includes shipping)

-- Enriched Frozen Brine Shrimp
-- Frozen Bloodworms

»»»»»»»»»»»» update 5/6 «««««««««««««««««««
Order is placed

======================

Deadline for this is May 5th. Payments must be made before order is placed. Today is April 22nd, and I'll place the order on Tuesday May 6th. They ship on Wed with delivery on Friday (May 9th) for pick up at my house in Aurora (I25&Parker Rd).
Paypal as a gift or include the 3% on your order. You may submit a Payment now till May 5th to Szlapak@hotmail.com
Your order will not be complete until you have made a payment.
Please include in there your Screen name as well as your order.
Cash in hand before the order is fine too

http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/Shop-Now-c1.html
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You said bags of 7 trays, do you have to order trays in multiple of 7 then? (ie 7 brine, 7 rotifer, etc), or can you mix n match. (3,3,1) or purely however many of what?

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can mix and match, just means I may have to split up bags if there are a lot on individual tray orders. I'm fine with whatever quantities of each that anyone may want, so no worries if you just want one, two... Or less than 7.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK, we still need 38 more trays. This is a really good deal, last year I did a solo buy and paid an average of $1.60 a tray. That is still even a good deal. This is BETTER...

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just FYI, I ordered last year enough for a year, and even as I am using the last of the brine trays now, they look as fresh and dark as the first trays. Sine they are foil wrapped individual cubes, there is zero freezer burn. Also, I ordered the large kilo tray/flat and finding that to be a pain. I'm using it now but have to break off chunks into a baggie and it's a little messy. Not nearly as easy as popping off several cubes. Just my opinion but thought I'd share.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would you be able to keep some of the orders for a day or two if we cant come the exact day? (IE saturday after work would be ideal for me)

Assuming I can do the above, can put me down for (and I'll get paypal going later or possibly bring cash if I meet this guy for another deal.)

7x Enriched Brine
7x Mysis
7x Daphnia
4x Krill Plankton (never used these, cant find them mentioned on any forum really?)
3x Rotifer

That should leave the odd ball stuff in full packs of 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
This brings us really close. I sold some corals on CL today and them about the site, maybe we'll have another member and group buy participant soon.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;306472 said:
When does the order go in?

KCCO
DyM;305927 said:
Deadline for this is May 5th. Payments must be made before order is placed. Today is April 22nd, and I'll place the order on Tuesday May 6th. They ship on Wed with delivery on Friday (May 9th) for pick up at my house in Aurora]
I can also hold for a days with no issues

Dave,

Please put me down for
5-- Brine Shrimp
5-- Mysis
5-- Rotifers
5-- Daphnia
And if I happen to be the only one to order Dapfhia, Ill get 7 to even it out. Ill pm with pickup/payment info.
Thank you

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh, wow, Fitz that would be awesome! If you would be up for that then heck yeah, I am in. :)

For seven trays of Mysis and seven trays of brine? Keep it nice and round.
How do I pay for that?

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Never mind. Rtfm...hehe.
Ok...officially changing my order. Just realized what an insane deal this is. Many thanks DyM!

Mysis 14 Trays x 1.25 = 17.50
Rotifers 1 tray x 1.25 = 1.25
Daphnia 1 tray x 1.25 = 1.25
Krill Pacifica Plankton 1 Tray x 1.25 = 1.25 (hehe...what is this?)
Enriched Frozen Brine Shrimp 7 Trays x 1.50 = 10.50
Frozen Bloodworms 1 Tray x 1.50 = 1.50

Is that 33.25? Please confirm that this order looks good and I will fire out a pay pal! :)

I have not fed most of this stuff before. Who gives their aqua-kids Bloodworms? Daphnia? etc etc? And why?
Currently I am feeding Mysis soaked in selcon. OR...a mush of frozen formula1 cubes, cyclopeze, ova and flakes...also soaked in selcon. This is a great chance to expand my feeding routine.
I hope you don't the mind busting up some of those 1-sies. :)
Thanks again!
Dave

Nemesis

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will take
Mysis 7 trays x 1.25 = 8.75
Rotfers 7 trays x 1.25 = 8.75
Daphnia 7 trays x 1.25 = 8.75
Bloodworm 5 trays x 1.25 = 7.50

For a total of 33.75, just let me know how you want me to pay for this and I'll get it to you as soon as possible.
Thanks
Chris

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll do a summary tomorrow.

PayPal is preferred.

We definitely have enough interest, so this should go smoothly.