Grow out contest 2016-1

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Nice Scott!!

Forgot to get a photo today - but I'm still at one polyp. The baby head that sprouted has not reopened since the "redecoration". I'll grab a photo tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightHawk

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks I'm just hoping I can get my new tank setup soon so I can enjoy it before college. I have been very fortunate to get a lot of good deals on used stuff.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Starting to get a baby polyp! Woot woot!

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well here is what I have. I think the zoas are gone. Sorry for the poor cell phone picture. It's a tough angle to get a photo.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
We are almost done here. How is everyone doing?

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

I don't think I'll catch you Scott. I have 3 heads + baby, as of today. Not sure if my baby will grow up in 10 days lol

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Figured out another reason my baby may have disappeared - have a nasty little aiptasia sticking it's nasty little head up right where the baby was. Even causing the original polyp to retract on one side. Ordered some aiptasia x to deal with it, but it makes me sad. All my other zoas have been growing like weeds during this time frame. :( Hopefully this zoa will take off too, but it will definitely be after the contest.

At least I still have the original! I know others had worse luck

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
JodiI;655121 said:
Figured out another reason my baby may have disappeared - have a nasty little aiptasia sticking it's nasty little head up right where the baby was. Even causing the original polyp to retract on one side. Ordered some aiptasia x to deal with it, but it makes me sad. All my other zoas have been growing like weeds during this time frame. :( Hopefully this zoa will take off too, but it will definitely be after the contest.

At least I still have the original! I know others had worse luck

I hope it does also.

JodiI;655121 said:
Ordered some aiptasia x to deal with it...
Just a word of advice. Be extremely careful with the aiptasia x near your zoa. I slipped once, let the syringe squirt too much and killed an entire zoa frag trying to kill of a small aiptasia.

I actually use aiptasia x to control a couple of my zoa colonies from spreading into some areas lol.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
rjl45;655174 said:
Just a word of advice. Be extremely careful with the aiptasia x near your zoa. I slipped once, let the syringe squirt too much and killed an entire zoa frag trying to kill of a small aiptasia.

I actually use aiptasia x to control a couple of my zoa colonies from spreading into some areas lol.
Yea, it's gonna be hard with how close they are. Thanks for the warning

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Here is my submission for the final day for pictures. I have a total of eight heads.