GSP burnt tips??

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've had this grapefruit size rock of gsp for over 5 months. About 5 days ago it started to close up. Day by day it was more and more closed. About 3 days ago it was fully closed and has black "burnt tips" on a lot of the polyps. Can anyone tell me what the problem may be?

pH 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

I only dose phyto and fuel. No calcium or mag or anything. Just haven't needed it since everything is growing.
Just did a 28% water change and a couple of polyps came out, but its not usual for them to be closed for this long..

How they should look:

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine do that often...and for several days at a time. Never seemed to have a negative impact. Not sure the cause or if it is a sign of something else. I know some of my nems/corals seem to retract with a quickly falling barometer.

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;284048 said:
Mine do that often...and for several days at a time. Never seemed to have a negative impact. Not sure the cause or if it is a sign of something else. I know some of my nems/corals seem to retract with a quickly falling barometer.
Interesting! Hmm I guess I just wont worry about it until the start to deteriorate LOL.