had a very sad day

scotty b

Butterfly Fish
had a very sad day, some how the pumps in my tank went off for a day and all the sea horses in the tank died of oxygen starvation :'(

when I got to the tank, the corals where all closed up , the fish where gasping for air and all the sea horse where dead . :rip:

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear that happen. I recommend getting an apex so it can email/text you if there was ever there is a power failure.

EDIT: Also, what pumps were you using?

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh man I am very sorry to hear this!!!!! Hope not all is lost - lets keep us updated please.

scotty b

Butterfly Fish
Some how some one unplugged the power strip that the tank is run off of , the fish and coral bounced back right away .
however I lost 40(-+) dwarf sea horse and 3 erectus seahorse

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to here about that..do you planning on rebuilding yout population of seahorses some time soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a CyberPower - 425VA Battery back up on my Main Display tank. Two of the eight plugs run off the battery when it is activated. It has an audible alarm when power goes off and has saved me many a time. Unless serious weather or an accident causes a power outage the two main pumps on my system are covered... at least for a short period of time. It is available from Best Buy for about $44 and is probably the cheapest insurance you can put on your system. It has a lot of functions I don't utilize but has worked like a champ for me. Sorry for your loss :(

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
:( bummer.