Halide decisions to be made....

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey everyone!

So came home to the picture below this evening and cant decide what to do. Do I rewire my Hamelton Caymen Sun Reflectors with 250w 20k radiums for my lumatek ballasts or do I swap the reflectors out for my lumenmax elites with 14k phoenix? I cant decide....

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Open it up cut both cords and install new connections, probably just got too much salt creep

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
neil82;n663729 said:
What happened there?
dunno maybe a short or salt creep connection. Don't know. But I am going to be swapping to my other ballasts so I need to decide what reflectors I want to use moving forward.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;n663728 said:
Open it up cut both cords and install new connections, probably just got too much salt creep
Yah i am just debating if i want to use the hamelton SE reflectors which I will have to rewire or my se reflectos which i wont have to.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You cannot make a bad choice here... nice spot to be in. The selectable will not quite drive the Radiums or Phoenix like a M80, but it is pretty good.

In that case, I usually just cut both ends, use butt-end connectors and shrink them. Easy. Who needs to take them apart anyway? :)

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;n663737 said:
You cannot make a bad choice here... nice spot to be in. The selectable will not quite drive the Radiums or Phoenix like a M80, but it is pretty good.

In that case, I usually just cut both ends, use butt-end connectors and shrink them. Easy. Who needs to take them apart anyway? :)

Which reflector do you think would work for a 36" spread better? Also did a killawatt measurement on my lumataks I am 17 watts lower than a M80 so not too bad. better than other select a watt ballasts.