Hanna Instruments

Fellow Addicts!!!!! I am curious about everyone's opinion on Hanna Instruments. How accurate are they? What has your experience been like if you used them? I have read some reviews online that say the tests are not good for SPS care takers (I am one) but I don't know what the difference would be in having LPS or SPS... You check for the same things obviously.. Your expert opinions are appreciated :tongue-new:

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've had all of them and the calcium one is stupid the steps are ridiculous. Love my alk and po4 one. The po4 can be tricky but keep the vial clean of fingerprints etc and I get accurate readings. I've font tests back to back before and have gotten accurate results. I keep sps in my 30 and use their alk and po4 test kit. I use salifert for the rest since that's all they have. Iron is a good one to but I only test every 6 months just to be sure.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Love them love them love them!
As mentioned above the calcium test is a pain but after to do it a few times its not all that bad IMO. However I still use salifert for my calcium and only break out the hanna checker for CA when the number seems too far out of whack for my liking and i want something more accurate.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love the alk, none better for quick accurate results IMO.

I don't like their po4, their error margin is the same as their accuracy. I do like their ultra low phosphorous though. The thing that sucks is that it still uses powder, which is a pain.

Keeping the covets perfectly clean will give you the best results...and no bubbles

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought the Hanna HI-736 Ultra Low Range Phosporus Checker before they released the phosphate one. It's suppose to be more accurate but I have to do a calaculation at the end to convert to PO4. I think they are accurate, but not as easy as a Salifert test kits. Salifert though for PO4 is a waste of money since it's so hard to read the low end. I like the PO4 one, but wouldn't replace the other kits for them.